Author Topic: What Navy destroyers bring to the Red Sea fight  (Read 150 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What Navy destroyers bring to the Red Sea fight
« on: March 13, 2024, 02:07:57 pm »
What Navy destroyers bring to the Red Sea fight
By Zamone Perez
 Mar 13, 05:00 AM

Since the Israel-Hamas war began on Oct. 7, Iran-backed Houthi rebels in Yemen have launched dozens of missiles at cargo and military vessels in the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden. The Houthi rebels claim it’s in support of the humanitarian crisis in the Gaza Strip, but their targets have targeted vessels flagged from a variety of nations.

The Navy’s humble fleet of destroyers stands at the maritime spear tip of the effort to stop the Iran-backed militia and its attacks on the economically vital sea lanes.

These workhorses of the American sea service, and the men and women that crew them, are now getting a surplus of real-world experience in how to use their expansive array of war systems to track and take out missiles and attack drones.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2024/03/13/what-navy-destroyers-bring-to-the-red-sea-fight/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: What Navy destroyers bring to the Red Sea fight
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2024, 02:08:36 pm »
Oh!  I thought the answer was targets. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson