Author Topic: Air dominance: How the future fight will be won  (Read 144 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Air dominance: How the future fight will be won
« on: March 13, 2024, 01:36:38 pm »
Air dominance: 
How the future fight will be won
Autonomy evolution leading to a new era in aviation.

As allied nations look to safeguard air superiority and military readiness — amidst an evolving security environment — industry must take a holistic approach. The key to victory no longer lies in a single new aircraft or weapon but in a family of crewed and autonomous systems working together.

Boeing is building on 80 years of autonomous innovation to enable the warfighter across all domains at the speed of
relevance.
 To accelerate an autonomous future, draw on the past.

Boeing’s first forays into autonomy date back to World War II, when converted B-17s flew as drones on missions deemed too dangerous for crews. Since then, Boeing has invested in and advanced state-of-the art autonomous systems and innovations for the warfighter, including:

• Remotely piloted aircraft, beginning in the 1950s.
 • Self-guided missiles, beginning in the 1970s.
 • High-altitude, long-endurance uncrewed aircraft, beginning in the 1980s.
 • Stealthy, uncrewed reconnaissance aircraft in the 1990s.
 • Turnkey maritime intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance services (ISR) beginning with ScanEagle in the 2000s.

https://www.defensedaily.com/partner-content/air-dominance-how-the-future-fight-will-be-won/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson