Author Topic: Student defends American flag after school orders its removal  (Read 702 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by Timothy Frudd   March 11, 2024

A 17-year-old high school student from Indiana’s East Central High School recently went viral for refusing to remove the American flag from his truck after school officials allegedly instructed him to do so.

According to WCPO, 17-year-old Cameron Blasek stood his ground and defended the American flag when his counselor and vice principal allegedly told him that he was not allowed to have the flag displayed on his truck while it was parked in the school parking lot.

“The flag itself represents this country, this beautiful country that we live in,” Blasek added. “It also represents the people who fought their lives for it.”

Blasek told WCPO that his display of the American flag on his truck is in compliance with the U.S. flag code. He also noted that the school’s handbook did not mention the word “flag” in the entire parking lot and driving section.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2024/03/video-student-defends-american-flag-after-school-orders-its-removal/

End Wokeness
@EndWokeness
This is 17-year-old Cameron Blasek.

He was told by East Central High School to remove the American flag from his truck.

He held the line and did not comply.

The next day, students flooded the school parking lot with cars and American flags.

The school caved after the incident was publicized by Libs Of TikTok on Friday.

https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/status/1766947714766352817

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Re: Student defends American flag after school orders its removal
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2024, 02:39:20 pm »
There is still hope for this country...good on the kid and subsequently the other kids for standing with him.  :patriot:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2024, 03:39:13 pm »
I went to catholic school, where every classroom had an American flag.

If the school officials don't care for the American flag, maybe they should accept American dollars as payment for salary and benefits.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2024, 05:13:35 pm »
"I am pleased we are "Allowing" the display of the US flag..."

Allowing?  WTF?   Like giving permission?  WHo is this Principal Black dude think he is?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2024, 08:54:01 pm »
A leader is born.  :patriot:

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline American Girl

That's one hell of an upgrade.🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

What an awesome company

We need more patriots like this these folks!

https://redstatenation.com/high-schooler-gets-american-flag-banned-from-car-by-woke-administrators-then-receives-epic-upgrade-from-local-company/

Offline MOD7

• don't always see the Light but I feel the heat
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2024, 01:34:12 pm »
Merged topics

Offline BellyAche

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2024, 02:03:52 pm »
I went to catholic school, where every classroom had an American flag.

If the school officials don't care for the American flag, maybe they should accept American dollars as payment for salary and benefits.

Yes, I have clear memories of American flags in each classroom and we pledged to allegiance before the day began. (My memories are from the late 70s going into the early 1980s.)  Frankly, I still get goose bumps sometimes when I hear the anthem sung well!  :patriot:

Oh, say, can you see
By the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hail'd
At the twilight's last gleaming?

It's an "alternate universe" out there if flags are removed from a person's personal truck in a school parking lot!! Perhaps there was also an "offensive" sticker on the bumper as well?!

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt