Author Topic: Congressman rescues US citizens trapped in Haiti, says Biden 'deserted them' 'DISTURBING REALITY' Co  (Read 388 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Congressman evacuates 10 Americans from crime-ravaged Haiti, slams Biden for 'pattern of abandonment'
US agreed to help fund East African police coalition to secure Haiti
By Peter Aitken Fox News
Published March 12, 2024 4:10pm EDT

FIRST ON FOX: Rep. Cory Mills, R-Fla., helped rescue a group of Americans from Haiti, marking the third rescue of U.S. citizens during a foreign crisis under the Biden administration.

"I am proud to report that my team and I were successful in evacuating [and] rescuing a trapped and at-risk group of Americans from Have Faith Orphanage in Haiti last night," Mills told Fox News Digital.

"This mission reiterates a disturbing reality under President Biden’s leadership: American lives are continually jeopardized," Mills said. "I have led missions to rescue Americans multiple times when Joe Biden has deserted them."

"There’s a clear pattern of abandonment," Mills said, citing his rescue missions in Afghanistan following the U.S. military drawdown in 2021 and the rescue of Americans from Israel in late 2023. "Yet again, this group was left behind by Biden and his State Department after requesting their help in-country."

The 10 Americans evacuated from Haiti had worked at the Have Faith Orphanage in the Haitian capital Port-au-Prince. The U.S. military sent forces to Haiti over the weekend at the request of the State Department to bolster security at the U.S. Embassy and airlifted non-essential personnel – such as family of diplomats – who had remained after an order for such individuals to evacuate last summer.

Rep. Cory Mills, Brian Young and the Americans they evacuated from Port-au-Prince, Haiti. (Office of Rep. Cory Mills)

more
https://www.foxnews.com/world/congressman-evacuates-10-americans-crime-ravaged-haiti-slams-biden-pattern-abandonment
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I have traveled to Port au Prince, Haiti.  It was the only time I felt like the people around me could put me in a pot and cook me for dinner.  No joke.  The open hostility was shocking, and that was 2002.  I doubt it has improved.

Upon arrival, the person that was supposed to pick me up left me to my own devices.  There was an elderly man at the airport shortly after I arrived tell me I was not safe.  He indicated white people are subject to attack and murder if alone in Haiti.  He strongly suggested I find my way to a hotel, otherwise my life was at risk.  No joke.

Haiti is a sh*t hole, with the lowest gene pool I have ever witnessed.

Online mountaineer

Gov. DeSantis confirms rescue flights to Haiti for ‘Christian missionary groups’
A.G. Gancarski
March 16, 2024
Details are vague: 'We don't want to say anything too publicly about what exactly we're doing until it happens.'

Gov. Ron DeSantis is giving more details into an operation apparently underway to bring Americans back from Haiti.

“I have authorized rescue flights like we did in Israel after the October 7th (Hamas attacks) because we’ve got a lot of folks who are part of Christian missionary groups and they do things to try to actually help a very troubled country. And so they really are doing good work, they need to get out,” DeSantis said.

Operational details, meanwhile, such as cost and vendors getting the contracts, are still not to be divulged to the public. These can add up: the Israel flights cost $19 million, as the Tallahassee Democrat reported.

“We don’t want to say anything too publicly about what exactly we’re doing until it happens,” DeSantis said. “It’s a very dicey situation. But we do feel an obligation to go in and help Florida citizens who were caught in the crossfire of a very difficult situation.”  ...
Florida Politics
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org