Author Topic: Watchdog: Biden's 2025 budget would drive national debt to $45 trillion in 10 years, 106% of GDP  (Read 202 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Watchdog: Biden's 2025 budget would drive national debt to $45 trillion in 10 years, 106% of GDP

A budget watchdog group says the "projected growth in debt and deficits under the president's budget is driven by a persistent gap between spending and revenue." Meanwhile, progressive groups laud the budget.

By Nicholas Ballasy
Published: March 11, 2024 11:02pm

The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget (CRFB) a budget watchdog group, found that President Joe Biden's fiscal year 2025 budget would drive the national debt to $45.1 trillion or 106% of the U.S. Gross Domestic Product (GDP) by 2034, from $27.4 trillion or about 97% of GDP at the present time.

The organization noted that those calculations are based on the Biden administration's own internal figures. The current $27.4 trillion debt figure is the debt held by the public, not the total national debt including intragovernmental holdings.

"Budget deficits would remain high under the President's budget, rising from $1.7 trillion (6.3 percent of GDP) in FY 2023 to $1.9 trillion (6.6 percent of GDP) in 2024, falling to a low of $1.5 trillion (4.3 percent of GDP) in 2029, and then rising to $1.7 trillion (3.9 percent of GDP) by 2034," according to the CRFB's analysis, released on Monday.

https://justthenews.com/government/congress/bidens-2025-budget-would-drive-national-debt-45t-within-10-years-106-entire-gdp
« Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 02:23:52 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
If, say, Biden declares the deficit is only $20 trillion, under administration rules that becomes the official debt amount, does it not, and the other $25 trillion is just written off? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson