Author Topic: Army Delays Extended Range Cannon Artillery, Reviews Tactical Fires Study  (Read 148 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army Delays Extended Range Cannon Artillery, Reviews Tactical Fires Study
The United States Army is presently engaged in a substantial modernization campaign of its artillery systems
JOHNNY FRANKS, WARRIOR EDITORIAL FELLOW44 MINUTES AGO
by Johnny Franks, Warrior Editorial Fellow

The United States Army is presently engaged in a substantial modernization campaign of its artillery systems, a move deemed essential to reassert its tactical and strategic supremacy amidst intensifying global power confrontations. This undertaking is a direct reaction to the imperative demand for artillery units characterized by enhanced range, precision, and lethality to neutralize the advanced capabilities of prospective adversaries.

The service is working intensely to accelerate Army artillery technologies, and has matured a handful of breakthrough systems such as  The modernization agenda is inclusive of several prominent initiatives, such as the Extended Range Cannon Artillery (ERCA), the Precision Strike Missile (PrSM), alongside augmentations to existing systems like the M109 Paladin.

Central to this modernization crusade is the ERCA program, tasked with the augmentation of the Army's competency in executing long-range precision bombardments. In response to the newly released 2025 budget, Army acquisition chief Douglas Bush said ERCA was being cancelled do to its not being ready and mass producible for the service, according to an essay in Defense News. The service has been immersed in a Tactical Fires Study to assess the "maturity" of the ERCA technology.

https://warriormaven.com/land/army-delays-extended-range-cannon-artillery-reviews-tactical-fires-study
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It seems to me extended range artillery would be a logical part of the modernization. :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson