Author Topic: Pushing The Woke Agenda On The Military: A Preview In A 1973 Letter From A Combat Veteran  (Read 114 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pushing The Woke Agenda On The Military: A Preview In A 1973 Letter From A Combat Veteran
By AFP Staff
March 11, 2024
Views: 706

Republished from STARRS.us

First, a commentary by Scott McQuarrie (President, Veterans for Fairness and Merit, USMA ’72) about the below article by John Lucas:

The below article cites events of 50 years ago that were prescient. The author, John Lucas, is a USMA graduate, former Infantry officer and Vietnam veteran.

The article illustrates, through the eyes of low level (where combat occurs) unit commanders who had led troops of all races in difficult combat, what happens when soldiers hear the Army legitimize focus on racial differences and delegitimize (expressly or implicitly) the concept of assimilation to a colorblind culture where identity preferences are subordinated to unqualified commitment to the mission and to each other, regardless of racial or ethnic differences.

The delegitimization of assimilation and legitimization of focus on identity differences immediately yields to tribalization, weakening unit cohesion.

CPT Ammons and CPT Lucas, both of whom had led troops (of all races) in difficult combat, and thus had witnessed that assimilation is both possible and necessary for unit cohesion and maximum combat effectiveness, understood this instinctively.

https://armedforces.press/pushing-the-woke-agenda-on-the-military-a-preview-in-a-1973-letter-from-a-combat-veteran/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson