Author Topic: Space Force takes ‘acceptable’ cut to $29.4B in FY25 budget request  (Read 127 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Space Force takes ‘acceptable’ cut to $29.4B in FY25 budget request

Air Force Secretary Frank Kendall explained that the "small decrease in the number for the Space Force" isn't itself quite reflective of reality, as there are mitigating circumstances that lessen the blow.
By   THERESA HITCHENS
on March 11, 2024 at 2:01 PM

WASHINGTON — The Space Force seeks $29.4 billion in the Pentagon’s fiscal 2025 budget request, a 2 percent drop from its $30 billion ask in fiscal 2024, but should still be able to maintain momentum in building up capabilities to counter China, according to Air Force Secretary Frank Kendall.

“So, the net effect of the constraints that we have are that we’re not moving forward as fast as I’d like to in space, but what we’re still moving forward,” he told reporters in a budget pre-brief with other top Department of the Air Force officials on Friday.

He explained that the “small decrease in the number for the Space Force” isn’t itself quite reflective of reality, as there are mitigating circumstances that lessen the blow.

“There are two things that help explain that,” Kendall said. “One is that launches have slipped because payloads have not been ready. So … we will have a smaller number of launches than we had planned last year.”

https://breakingdefense.com/2024/03/space-force-biden-budget-request-fy25-spending/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson