Author Topic: On student loans, the hits keep coming  (Read 280 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
On student loans, the hits keep coming
« on: March 12, 2024, 01:27:30 pm »
On student loans, the hits keep coming
By
Betsy DeVos
March 12, 2024 6:00 am

President Joe Biden’s illegal student loan “forgiveness” is exorbitant, costing taxpayers another $1.2 billion in just the past few weeks. In sum, it is likely to be the most expensive set of unsanctioned actions the administrative state has ever taken, costing more than half a trillion dollars in unappropriated, unapproved spending.

The costs don’t stop there. A looming human cost may be even higher — one generated by the universal incompetence of those running the Department of Education.

Every family knows the only way to access student loans and grants is through filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, which the Education Department administers. What many parents don’t know is that right now the Education Department cannot process FAFSAs, and more troubling, it cannot say with any certainty when it will be able to do so. That means students won’t know how much aid they qualify to receive until after the normal college enrollment decision deadline.

It’s a failure so significant even Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) and more than 100 of his Democratic colleagues in Congress have expressed their dismay about the situation.

Hitting FAFSA deadlines is an annual and relied-upon task, much like Social Security getting payments out the door. It simply has to happen.

So why isn’t it happening this year? Almost certainly because of the Biden administration’s obsessive focus on implementing politically motivated student debt schemes, in spite of being told not to, quite forcefully, by the Supreme Court. Education officials claim they are “resource-constrained,” but that’s nonsense. They’ve simply redeployed staffers who should be working on the FAFSA to work instead on “forgiving” student loans.

This is wholly avoidable and flatly unacceptable.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/2913899/on-student-loans-the-hits-keep-coming/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: On student loans, the hits keep coming
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2024, 11:59:53 pm »
I've said it before, I'll repeat:

If biden can "pass" this with the stroke of a pen, then Mr. Trump (if he is re-elected) can use the same pen to revoke it.

Don't let those freeloadin' kids off the hook!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: On student loans, the hits keep coming
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2024, 12:03:36 am »
I've said it before, I'll repeat:

If biden can "pass" this with the stroke of a pen, then Mr. Trump (if he is re-elected) can use the same pen to revoke it.

Don't let those freeloadin' kids off the hook!
Question is, who is getting the 'relief'?

We might be surprised, and I bet they aren't 'kids'.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis