Author Topic: ‘A Major Course Correction’: Dem Strategist Says ‘Elites Are Out Of Touch’ On Border  (Read 177 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘A Major Course Correction’: Dem Strategist Says ‘Elites Are Out Of Touch’ On Border

HAROLD HUTCHISON
REPORTER
March 11, 2024
11:18 AM ET
FONT SIZE:

A former top lawyer for House Judiciary Committee Democrats said Monday that his party’s “elites” were “out of touch” on the border and that President Joe Biden needed to make “a major course correction” ahead of November.

Illegal immigration has become a major issue in the 2024 presidential campaign, and Biden is facing mounting criticism over his handling of the border as he trails Trump by 1.8% in a head-to-head matchup, according to the RealClearPolling average. Julian Epstein, former chief counsel for the House Judiciary Committee, warned Democrats were ignoring “a strong majority” of Americans on the border issue. (RELATED: Trump Says He Spoke To Laken Riley’s Parents, Bashes Biden For Not ‘Saying Her Name’)

“I think that Democratic elites are out of touch with the public on the question of immigration,” Epstein told Fox Business host Maria Bartiromo. “Americans are for legal immigration, Americans are very much against illegal immigration. If you look at the polling on this, New York Times and Pew and you’re just going down the line with multiple polls, 70 to 80% of the American public disapprove of Biden’s immigration policies, what has effectively been open borders.”

https://dailycaller.com/2024/03/11/julian-epstein-democrats-out-of-touch-border-joe-biden/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It has taken him this long to figure out the obvious?  I wouldn't want him for a strategist! **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson