Author Topic: Another lens into the rightward shift of Black and Hispanic Americans  (Read 197 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Another lens into the rightward shift of Black and Hispanic Americans
© Jabin Botsford/The Washington Post

One of the recurring rebuttals to Donald Trump’s endless claims that the 2020 election was stolen was that — contrary to his insinuations — swing-state cities were not hotbeds of voter fraud. In fact, they often supported Joe Biden at smaller margins than they had Hillary Clinton four years before.

That change in some of the most racially diverse places in the country, combined with the shift in heavily Hispanic parts of the country to Trump, were early hints that the conventional wisdom about race and party was being undercut. In the years since, we’ve seen more evidence that Black and Hispanic Americans in particular are less hostile to the Republican Party and Trump than they used to be.

The question, then, is how much less? And — specifically for Democrats looking toward November — how alarming is that shift for Biden’s reelection campaign?

Last month, Gallup released data showing how the two-party margin between Black and Hispanic Americans had shifted dramatically since 2020. In 2020, Black Americans were 66 points more likely to identify as Democrats than Republicans and Hispanic Americans were 28 points more likely to do so.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/another-lens-into-the-rightward-shift-of-black-and-hispanic-americans/ar-BB1jIljK?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=5a14c2ccfbde4ac4900dac0dc931025d&ei=27
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Another lens into the rightward shift of Black and Hispanic Americans
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2024, 11:09:54 pm »
There will be no "tidal" shifts.

Some small eddys, perhaps. But that's all.