Author Topic: Liberal sports blog that smeared 9-year-old Kansas City Chiefs fan lays off entire staff after being  (Read 413 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Liberal sports blog that smeared 9-year-old Kansas City Chiefs fan lays off entire staff after being sold
Deadspin falsely accused Holden Armenta of wearing 'blackface,' which led to his family filing a defamation lawsuit
By Joseph A. Wulfsohn Fox News
Published March 11, 2024 6:00pm EDT

The liberal sports blog that smeared a 9-year-old Kansas City Chiefs fan last year has cut its entire staff after being sold by its parent company, Fox News Digital has confirmed.

Deadspin went viral in November for an article accusing a child who wore red and black facepaint with a Native American headdress of wearing "blackface" and finding a way to "hate Black people and the Native Americans at the same time." The 9-year-old boy is of Native American heritage and his parents have filed a defamation lawsuit against Deadspin.

Now, the entirety of Deadspin's workforce, including the writer who smeared the young football fan, have been forced out, according to a memo sent by Deadspin's former parent company G/O Media CEO Jim Spanfeller.

"I have some news to share regarding one of our sites in the G/O Media portfolio. Recently we were approached by the European firm Lineup Publishing expressing interest in purchasing Deadspin to add to their growing media holdings," Spanfeller told staff in the memo obtained by Fox News Digital. "After careful consideration, the G/O Media board of directors has decided to accept their offer. I do want to make it clear that we were not actively shopping Deadspin."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/liberal-sports-blog-smeared-9-year-old-kansas-city-chiefs-fan-lays-off-entire-staff
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

There are quite a few "sports" publications that have decided being SJWs is more important than just reporting sports.
When I was a lot younger I used to subscribe to about ten different sports publications.
Now I subscribe to ZERO!! sports publications which goes along with my extreme disinterest in watching pro sports today.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
There are quite a few "sports" publications that have decided being SJWs is more important than just reporting sports.
When I was a lot younger I used to subscribe to about ten different sports publications.
Now I subscribe to ZERO!! sports publications which goes along with my extreme disinterest in watching pro sports today.
When I was younger, I could rattle off the top drivers in everything from NHRA to Formula one. Now, not so. I knew football pretty well, but that was before the NFL expansion, back when the Colts played in Baltimore, and a little Baseball, when the Senators played ball in DC. Something happened in college, when I saw the funding the athletic teams got vs the science departments. Since then, I couldn't give a damn.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

When I was younger, I could rattle off the top drivers in everything from NHRA to Formula one.

I used to be that way with baseball.  I knew every player on every NL roster (12 teams back then).  Today, I couldn't name twelve players.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-