Author Topic: Boeing whistleblower found dead in US  (Read 1121 times)

Offline mountaineer

Boeing whistleblower found dead in US
« on: March 11, 2024, 10:39:45 pm »
Boeing whistleblower found dead in US
Theo Leggett - Business correspondent, BBC News
March 11, 2024
A former Boeing employee known for raising concerns about the firm's production standards has been found dead in the US.

John Barnett had worked for Boeing for 32 years, until his retirement in 2017.

In the days before his death, he had been giving evidence in a whistleblower lawsuit against the company. ...

It said the 62-year-old had died from a "self-inflicted gunshot wound" on 9 March and police were investigating.  ...

In 2019, Mr Barnett told the BBC that under-pressure workers had been deliberately fitting sub-standard parts to aircraft on the production line.

He also said he had uncovered serious problems with oxygen systems, which could mean one in four breathing masks would not work in an emergency.

He said soon after starting work in South Carolina he had become concerned that the push to get new aircraft built meant the assembly process was rushed and safety was compromised, something the company denied. ...
Just a coinkydink, I'm sure.

Ian Miles Cheong
@stillgray
So what are the chances that the guy who was blowing the whistle on the company's shoddy, substandard production practices mysteriously bites the bullet in a "self-inflicted" manner right as Boeing faces renewed scrutiny for its DEI policies and alarming rates of failure?
6:12 PM · Mar 11, 2024
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Re: Boeing whistleblower found dead in US
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2024, 11:10:08 pm »
Robby Starbuck
@robbystarbuck
A Boeing whistleblower has been found dead right before he was set to face questioning for a lawsuit against them.

He missed scheduled questioning and was found inside his truck at the hotel parking lot, dead from a gunshot wound.

I have lots of questions… 😳
5:40 PM · Mar 11, 2024

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2024, 12:44:55 am »
How much Boeing stock did the Clintons own?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online LMAO

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2024, 01:14:45 am »
Self-inflicted gunshot wound

Sure…it was self-inflicted. I believe that.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2024, 02:14:18 am »
How much Boeing stock did the Clintons own?
GMTA! :laugh:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2024, 02:34:36 pm »
Washington Examiner via MSN News
Key Boeing whistleblower found dead in middle of court case: ‘No detail can be left unturned’
Story by Brady Knox
March 12, 2024
A Boeing whistleblower who was one of the first to raise an alarm about safety concerns at the company was found dead in South Carolina from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.

John Barnett was in Charleston for a deposition in a lawsuit accusing Boeing of retaliating against him after he raised concerns about the design quality of some plane models. He appeared in court on Thursday and Friday and was going to finish the deposition on Saturday morning when he was found dead. The Charleston Police Department announced his death in a statement obtained by the New York Times. ...

Robert Turkewitz and Brian Knowles, the attorneys representing Barnett in the case, expressed complete shock over the apparent suicide, saying there were no immediate signs he would do as much.

"John was in the midst of a deposition in his whistleblower retaliation case, which finally was nearing the end," they said in a statement. "He was in very good spirits and really looking forward to putting this phase of his life behind him and moving on. We didn't see any indication he would take his own life. No one can believe it." ...

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2024, 03:36:36 pm »
 ////00000////

Too bad Jack Lemmon is no longer with us.  He could have played the whistleblower in the movie(s), The Boeing Syndrome or The Clinton Foundation Syndrome.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2024, 11:30:08 pm »
Boeing admits it can’t find records on the Alaska Airlines door plug work

Dominic Gates  |  March 8, 2024 at 8:33 pm

Boeing leadership admitted Friday in a letter sent to Sen. Maria Cantwell that it cannot find any record of the work done on the 737 MAX final assembly line in Renton to open and reinstall the panel that blew out Jan. 5 on Alaska Airlines Flight 1282.

Boeing’s presumption is that no record was ever created.

“We have looked extensively and have not found any such documentation,” wrote Ziad Ojakli, Boeing executive vice president and the company’s chief government lobbyist.  .  .  .

.  .  .  After two days of obfuscation, one fact is now clearer from Boeing’s letter: Boeing simply doesn’t have the records the NTSB wants detailing the botched job of opening and reinstalling the door plug in Renton.

It looks like no records were kept, or, if they were, they were deleted. Either way, this is a serious, potentially illegal, lapse in standard aviation manufacturing quality processes.

The second major issue in contention, who actually did the work, is mysteriously unclear.

The NTSB has repeatedly asked Boeing for the names of employees involved in the work, and as of noon Friday, Homendy told The Air Current, “We still don’t know who did the work on the door plug.”  .  .  .

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/boeing-aerospace/boeing-admits-it-cant-find-records-on-the-alaska-airlines-door-plug-work/

Not only can they not produce the records, they also claim that video surveillance of their maintenance shop has been overwritten.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2024, 11:32:07 pm »
Not only can they not produce the records, they also claim that video surveillance of their maintenance shop has been overwritten.
Who do they think they are, Epstein's jailers? The FBI? (etc...)

Always missing the key video...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2024, 03:19:28 am »
Boeing admits it can’t find records on the Alaska Airlines door plug work

Dominic Gates  |  March 8, 2024 at 8:33 pm

Boeing leadership admitted Friday in a letter sent to Sen. Maria Cantwell that it cannot find any record of the work done on the 737 MAX final assembly line in Renton to open and reinstall the panel that blew out Jan. 5 on Alaska Airlines Flight 1282.

Boeing’s presumption is that no record was ever created.

“We have looked extensively and have not found any such documentation,” wrote Ziad Ojakli, Boeing executive vice president and the company’s chief government lobbyist.  .  .  .

.  .  .  After two days of obfuscation, one fact is now clearer from Boeing’s letter: Boeing simply doesn’t have the records the NTSB wants detailing the botched job of opening and reinstalling the door plug in Renton.

It looks like no records were kept, or, if they were, they were deleted. Either way, this is a serious, potentially illegal, lapse in standard aviation manufacturing quality processes.

The second major issue in contention, who actually did the work, is mysteriously unclear.

The NTSB has repeatedly asked Boeing for the names of employees involved in the work, and as of noon Friday, Homendy told The Air Current, “We still don’t know who did the work on the door plug.”  .  .  .

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/boeing-aerospace/boeing-admits-it-cant-find-records-on-the-alaska-airlines-door-plug-work/

Just to clarify the MAX line ( Renton WA) whistle-blower is very much alive. The one found dead was working on the 787 Dreamliner line in SC.   Same issues though, schedule over quality, pushing airplanes out the door with unfinished work that has to be completed at other locations.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2024, 08:16:42 am »
I KNOW these people exist,and like most of you,have even known  a few.

Even given all that,I still have a hard time believing it.

At a MINIMUM,Vigilantes need to track these people down and brand a BIG red "M",for "Murderer" on both  cheeks and the forehead of these SOB's.

Add the FAA safety inspectors and bosses that approved this work to the list,too.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2024, 08:17:47 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline American Girl

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2024, 12:35:17 pm »
Who goes out of their way to provide interviews with lawyers against Boeing and then kills themself in the middle of the trip?

And what will become of this, it was a message to any other whistleblowers, "even though it's written that you have protections, YOU DON'T." Governments lie, corporations lie. Together, their lies are compounded and woven into their corruption.

https://www.usasupreme.com/who-suicided-the-boeing-whistleblower-heres-what-john-barnett-said-to-his-friend-jennifer-before-his-death-audio/

Offline Mod2

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2024, 01:03:05 pm »
Topics merged