Author Topic: Biden follows Obama’s lead again with push to capture North Carolina  (Read 375 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden follows Obama’s lead again with push to capture North Carolina

Biden follows Obama’s lead again with push to capture North Carolina
By
Annabella Rosciglione
March 11, 2024 5:21 pm

President Joe Biden’s campaign is looking to follow in his former running mate, Barack Obama’s footsteps and flip North Carolina this fall as concerns grow about Democrats’ chances in Georgia.

Biden lost North Carolina to former President Donald Trump in 2020 by just over a percentage point. Before Obama won in 2008, the last time the Tar Heel State chose a Democrat for the presidency was in 1976 for Jimmy Carter.

Despite performing poorly in the state in presidential elections, Democrats have proven they can win the governor’s seat in North Carolina. Seven in eight of the recent gubernatorial elections were won by Democrats. In 2020 and 2022, the elections for the U.S. Senate were close, with Republicans winning seats by under 4 points each year.

“I would certainly advocate for North Carolina over Georgia right now with the Biden campaign,” Gov. Roy Cooper (D-NC) said. “Obviously, I’m a little biased. They’re going to have to make those decisions. I think Georgia is still an extremely important state to the president and can help put him over the top.”

Democratic groups are also eyeing North Carolina as an opportunity for Biden to win after Lt. Gov. Mark Robinson secured the Republican nomination for governor. He has come under intense scrutiny in the state for his past behavior, including describing “homosexuality” as “filth” and posting antisemitic sentiments on his Facebook page. He also faced backlash for calling victims of the 2018 Parkland school shooting “spoiled little bastards.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/2914841/biden-follows-obamas-lead-again-with-push-to-capture-north-carolina/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Mo-om! The Yankees are at it again!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline cato potatoe

There is an opportunity for Trump and Robinson to implode and flip a bunch of seats to the dems.  On the other hand, this is one of the states where the dems cannot afford to struggle with black turnout, as they have burned their bridges with the white southerners.