Author Topic: Poll: Majority of Democrats Oppose Certification of 2024 Election If Donald Trump Wins  (Read 453 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Poll: Majority of Democrats Oppose Certification of 2024 Election If Donald Trump Wins

Wendell Husebø 11 Mar 2024

Fifty-seven percent of Democrat voters would oppose Congress certifying the 2024 election if former President Donald Trump wins, a Rasmussen Reports poll found Monday.

The poll asked likely voters: “Some Democrats in Congress have said that if Trump wins this year’s election, they will vote against certifying the election results because of Trump’s role in the January 6, 2021, Capitol riots. Do you support or oppose Democrats refusing to certify the election results if Trump wins?”

57 percent of Democrats would oppose certification.
    Nearly two-thirds of “liberals” said they would oppose certification.

However, Democrats do not form the majority of voters’ opinions:

Overall, only 35 percent of all voters would support opposing certifying Trump’s victory.
    55 percent would oppose lawmakers refusing to certify a Trump victory.

The poll sampled 912 likely voters from March 5-7 with a 3 point margin of error.

In August 2023 a grand jury indicted Trump on four counts related to January 6. The counts include:

“Conspiracy to Defraud the United States”
    “Conspiracy to Obstruct an Official Proceeding”
    “Obstruction of and Attempt to Obstruct an Official Proceeding”
    “Conspiracy Against Rights”

The penalty for the alleged offenses is up to 55 years in prison. Trump “does not face the possibility of the death penalty because the indictment did not include the ‘special findings’ necessary to seek that sentence,” a Department of Justice spokesperson told Reuters.

https://www.breitbart.com/2024-election/2024/03/11/poll-majority-democrats-oppose-certification-2024-election-if-donald-trump-wins/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I guess insurrection on applies to Republicans when trying to disrupt certifying an electioon.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Still don't have an answer to a definitive answer to what happens if Trump isn't certified.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Still don't have an answer to a definitive answer to what happens if Trump isn't certified.

There won't be a definitive answer unless/until it actually happens, but my guess is that it ends up in the Supreme Court, and Trump would rightly win there.  The Constitution doesn't assign to Congress any authority other than counting certified Elector votes.

Congress's power to exclude a candidate under the 14th because of "insurrection" must be by "appropriate legislation", not just an ad hoc rejection of certified Electoral votes.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 06:01:16 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online DefiantMassRINO

Overriding the Will of the People and the United States Constitution ... how anti-democratic.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Amendment 12

"The Electors shall meet in their respective states and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves; they shall name in their ballots the person voted for as President, and in distinct ballots the person voted for as Vice-President, and they shall make distinct lists of all persons voted for as President, and of all persons voted for as Vice-President, and of the number of votes for each, which lists they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the seat of the government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate;–the President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes shall then be counted;–The person having the greatest number of votes for President, shall be the President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed; and if no person have such majority, then from the persons having the highest numbers not exceeding three on the list of those voted for as President, the House of Representatives shall choose immediately, by ballot, the President. But in choosing the President, the votes shall be taken by states, the representation from each state having one vote; a quorum for this purpose shall consist of a member or members from two-thirds of the states, and a majority of all the states shall be necessary to a choice. And if the House of Representatives shall not choose a President whenever the right of choice shall devolve upon them, before the fourth day of March next following, then the Vice-President shall act as President, as in case of the death or other constitutional disability of the President.–The person having the greatest number of votes as Vice-President, shall be the Vice-President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed, and if no person have a majority, then from the two highest numbers on the list, the Senate shall choose the Vice-President; a quorum for the purpose shall consist of two-thirds of the whole number of Senators, and a majority of the whole number shall be necessary to a choice. But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States."
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Amendment 12

This is an almost guaranteed Trump win, even if GOP loses the House, due to the way the state delegations work. So another whiff for Democrats.

Offline LMAO

It appears the self  proclaimed “defenders  of democracy” aren’t too fond of it when democracy doesn’t go their way
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy