Author Topic: Biden’s Criminally Fuzzy Tax Math... I & I Editorial Board  (Read 244 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden’s Criminally Fuzzy Tax Math... I & I Editorial Board
« on: March 11, 2024, 04:19:13 pm »
Biden’s Criminally Fuzzy Tax Math
I & I Editorial Board
March 11, 2024

At one point during his State of the Union speech, President Joe Biden ranted about how billionaires don’t pay enough in taxes and asked the public to envision all the great things that we could do if the super-rich “paid their fair share.”

In doing so, he took lying with statistics to a new, otherworldly level.

Here’s what Biden said:

THE PRESIDENT: You know, there are 1,000 billionaires in America. You know what the average federal tax is for those billionaires?

AUDIENCE MEMBER: Zero!

THE PRESIDENT: No.

They’re making great sacrifices — 8.2%.

AUDIENCE: Booo —

THE PRESIDENT: That’s far less than the vast majority of Americans pay.

No billionaire should pay a lower federal tax rate than a teacher, a sanitation worker, or a nurse.

I proposed a minimum tax for billionaires of 25%— just 25%. You know what that would raise? That would raise $500 billion over the next 10 years.

And imagine what that could do for America. Imagine a future with affordable childcare, millions of families can get what they need to go to work to help grow the economy.

Imagine a future with paid leave, because no one should have to choose between working and taking care of their sick family member.

Imagine — imagine a future with home care and eldercare, and people living with disabilities so they can stay in their homes and family caregivers can finally get the pay they deserve.

All Biden has is imagination — and no facts to back it up —  when it comes to this issue.

First, consider his claim that the tax rate paid by billionaires is 8.2%. That plays well with soak-the-rich leftists. But where did he get this number?

more
https://issuesinsights.com/2024/03/11/bidens-criminally-fuzzy-tax-math/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Biden’s Criminally Fuzzy Tax Math... I & I Editorial Board
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2024, 08:24:18 pm »
More from the OP article:

So where does Biden come up with an 8.2% tax rate? He changes the definition of taxable income to include all unrealized gains from investments.

If you have money in the stock market, any gains in the value of those stocks would count as income to Biden, even if you don’t sell the stock. Presumably so would any gains in the value of your home. Or the value of any other assets you possess.

By artificially inflating income, Biden can make their tax burden seem tiny.

My emphasis.

Nice house you got there ... real estate is up where you live? Pay up, parasite!

Nice IRA/401K you got there ... its value has gone up? Pay up, parasite!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.