Author Topic: Biden campaign using TikTok despite president pledging to sign ban if passed by Congress  (Read 174 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden campaign using TikTok despite president pledging to sign ban if passed by Congress
By
Brady Knox
March 10, 2024 10:22 am
President Joe Biden‘s 2024 presidential campaign has continued its use of TikTok, despite the president saying he would sign a bill that could ban the application.

Biden joined TikTok last month, in an effort to connect with younger voters. The move came amid wider controversy over the app, whose parent company, ByteDance, has come under scrutiny due to its ties to China. The House is expected to vote on a bill advanced by the House Energy and Commerce Committee last week that would make it illegal for app stores to host companies connected to “foreign adversaries,” such as China. If passed, TikTok will have to completely divest from ByteDance or risk being banned.

“If they pass it, I’ll sign it,” Biden told reporters on Friday.

Despite this, the Biden campaign has shown no signs of leaving the app, releasing its latest campaign ad through the app on Saturday.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/2912747/biden-campaign-using-tiktok-despite-president-pledging-to-sign-ban-if-passed-by-congress/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I guess he was actually for it before he was against it.  Hey, that sounds familiar!  Did some other democrat say something like that?  I don't like being left in the "Lurch." :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson