Author Topic: Jewish MIT students file federal lawsuit over 'wildfire of antisemitism' allowed on campus after Oct  (Read 140 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Jewish MIT students file federal lawsuit over 'wildfire of antisemitism' allowed on campus after Oct. 7
Story by Danielle Wallace • 1d

MIT student urges Biden to denounce antisemitism on campuses during SOTU
Jewish students at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) filed a federal lawsuit last week alleging the prestigious Cambridge institution has failed to take any meaningful action to stop the "spreading wildfire of antisemitism, including antisemitic conduct" in the wake of the Oct. 7 Hamas attacks on Israel.

StandWithUs Center for Legal Justice (SCLJ) and two MIT students filed a federal lawsuit in Massachusetts District Court describing how MIT allegedly turns a blind eye to "hateful antisemitic discrimination and harassment" on its campus, refuses to enforce policies to protect Jewish and Israeli students and faculty, and has thereby created a hostile environment for Jews.

"In enabling this discriminatory conduct, MIT has directly and intentionally contributed to a pervasively hostile campus environment in violation of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and breached its duties to Plaintiffs, to its other Jewish students, to its Israeli students, and, indeed, to the entire MIT campus community," the complaint says. "Any alleged ‘action’ taken by MIT in response to discriminatory and harassing speech and conduct was not designed to have any meaningful impact in stopping the spreading wildfire of antisemitism, including antisemitic conduct."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/jewish-mit-students-file-federal-lawsuit-over-wildfire-of-antisemitism-allowed-on-campus-after-oct-7/ar-BB1jDuzw
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson