Author Topic: Four-Star Sellouts  (Read 169 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Four-Star Sellouts
« on: March 11, 2024, 02:30:06 pm »
Four-Star Sellouts
By Citizen Soldier
March 11, 2024
AP
“The jungle is dark but full of diamonds, Willy. One must go in to fetch a diamond out.”

I’ve been thinking about that line from Arthur Miller’s masterpiece, Death of a Salesman, as I watch prominent men risk prison or disgrace to enrich themselves.

Look at the news.

Sen. Bob Menendez, former Chair of the U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee, is indicted for acting as a foreign agent to benefit Egypt.

Manuel Rocha, a former Ambassador to Cuba, will plead guilty to charges he conspired to act as an agent of Cuba.

Two years ago, former Marine Corps General John Allen resigned from his post as president of Brookings Institution amid a DOJ investigation into whether he illegally lobbied on behalf of the nation of Qatar.

https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2024/03/11/four-star_sell-outs_1017175.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: Four-Star Sellouts
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2024, 02:54:25 pm »
Joe Biden has been doing the same thing, on the sly, for many years.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn