Author Topic: Red Sea Turkey Shoot: Allied Warships Down Dozens Of Drones Within Hours  (Read 265 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Red Sea Turkey Shoot: Allied Warships Down Dozens Of Drones Within Hours
Allied warships and aircraft repulsed a mass drone attack in the Red Sea, but it’s still an ominous sign that the Houthis aren’t backing down.

BY
TYLER ROGOWAY
|
PUBLISHED MAR 9, 2024 8:43 PM EST
US and allied forces shot down at least 28 drones launched by Iranian-backed Houthi militants in Yemen today.

Even after weeks of opportunistic strikes against time-sensitive Houthi targets — usually in the form of missiles and drones being prepared for launch — the group fired 28 drones at targets around the Bab el-Mandeb Strait that separates the Red Sea from the Gulf of Aden. U.S. Central Command subsequently released a statement saying that none of the drones hit their mark and were shot down by allied ships and aircraft. Regardless of the success of this onslaught, it is a very clear sign that the Houthis have no intention of curtailing their attacks on shipping and that the growing coalition of warships and combat aircraft are stepping up to meet that challenge head-on.

There are currently two naval task forces operating in the region. These include the U.S.-led Operation Prosperity Guardian, which includes the U.K. and other international partner forces, and the E.U.-centric Operation Aspides (shield) which is made up of French, Italian, German, and Greek surface combatants and other capabilities.

As it sits now, we know multiple assets from multiple nations engaged the drones. The French shot down four drones, according to a press release.

https://www.twz.com/sea/red-sea-turkey-shoot-allied-warships-down-dozens-of-drones-within-hours
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rustynail

But they won't attack the source of the drones?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Wild. The real turkey shoot... (the marianas turkey shoot?, something like that from ww2, actually had real deaths), this is flying machines killing other flying machines. I guess this is the future of warfare.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Do we make MOAB's anymore?

If you want deterrence, you gotta get their attention.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.