Author Topic: Open-Borders Apologists Blame Everything but Open Borders  (Read 151 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Open-Borders Apologists Blame Everything but Open Borders
« on: March 11, 2024, 11:37:05 am »
Open-Borders Apologists Blame Everything but Open Borders
March 08, 2024

Picture of Pawel Styrna
Pawel Styrna
Senior Researcher
The murder of Laken Riley by an illegal alien in Georgia has shocked the nation. In addition to being a personal and community tragedy, it has sadly demonstrated the wider picture of America’s broken immigration system. This is evidenced by three things: the use of parole that allowed her alleged killer into the country in the first place, sanctuary policies that allow criminal aliens to lay low, and the tendency of open-borders advocates to blame anything but open borders as the reason tragedies occur.

Ms. Riley’s body, with “visible injuries,” was found on February 22, 2024, after a friend called the police when the nursing student did not return from a morning jog near the University of Georgia campus in Athens. The cause of death was blunt force trauma and the victim was beaten so badly that she had a disfigured skull. Police arrested 26-year-old Venezuelan illegal alien, Jose Ibarra, for the murder, and also arrested his brother, Diego, who was using a forged green card to work as a dishwasher at one of the university dining halls. And these were not the brothers’ first run-ins with the law.

Jose Ibarra was first encountered by the U.S. Border Patrol in September 2022 and was released on immigration ‘parole,’ as have hundreds of thousands of other illegal aliens under the Biden administration’s unprecedented abuse of parole. This abuse of parole allowed the alleged killer into the U.S. in the first place. He intended to apply for asylum and then went to New York City, where, in September 2023, he was charged with child endangerment and a motor vehicle license violation. ICE has claimed that Ibarra was released without its knowledge and before the agency had the opportunity to issue a detainer, although this looks like an attempt to save face given Mayorkas’ anti-enforcement policy edicts, which would have made the issuance of a detainer unlikely in the first place. And, even if a detainer had been issued, given New York City’s sanctuary policies, it likely would have been ignored. Jose’s brother, Diego, also claimed asylum and was arrested for drunk driving, driving without a license, shoplifting, and failure to appear for fingerprinting.

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2024/03/08/open-borders-apologists-blame-everything-open-borders
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson