Author Topic: Legalization Initiatives Fuel Illegal Immigration  (Read 226 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Legalization Initiatives Fuel Illegal Immigration
« on: March 11, 2024, 11:18:03 am »
Legalization Initiatives Fuel Illegal Immigration
By Antonio Graceffo Mar. 10, 2024 10:20 am

U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons
According to the United States Senate Committee on Foreign Relations Minority Report of June 2022, “The sheer number of illegal migrants, combined with the evolving tactics that transnational criminal organizations (TCOs) employ to smuggle and traffic individuals, presents an untenable security and humanitarian situation.” The language is clear, and while both Republicans and Democrats agree that there is a crisis at the border, they see the problem very differently.

Conservatives and Republicans believe the problem could be solved by closing the border and reducing illegal immigration to as close to zero as possible. Liberals and Democrats, however, feel the problem is that illegal migrants are not processed fast enough and that there should be more pathways to citizenship or legitimacy.

The conservative counterargument, however, is that such programs encourage illegal immigration. The logic of these policies is that the number of illegal immigrants can be reduced by making them legal.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/03/legalization-initiatives-fuel-illegal-immigration/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rustynail

Re: Legalization Initiatives Fuel Illegal Immigration
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2024, 04:33:08 pm »
The Great Replacement Loophole: Illegal Immigrants Score 5-Year Work Benefit While "Waiting" For Deportation, Asylum

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/great-replacement-loophole-illegal-immigrants-score-5-year-work-benefit-while-waiting