Author Topic: FDNY turns up heat on firefighters who cheered Trump, booed Letitia James with scolding internal let  (Read 1737 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 FDNY turns up heat on firefighters who cheered Trump, booed Letitia James with scolding internal letter
By Social Links for Craig McCarthy ,
Social Links for Carl Campanile and
Social Links for Jorge Fitz-Gibbon
Published March 10, 2024, 4:12 p.m. ET

FDNY brass is turning up the heat on pro-Trump firefighters who showered state Attorney General Letitia James with boos at a raucous promotion ceremony, a memo obtained by The Post reveals.

The memo, handed out at Big Apple firehouses Sunday, warns firefighters that department investigators are reviewing video footage of the event in Brooklyn last week to ID those behind the “grossly inappropriate” conduct — and cautioned them to keep their politics at home.

“When you’re not on duty, feel however you want about politicians,” the document said. “Vote. Protest. That’s your right. But don’t do it on the job’s time, on other members’ time, or on their families’ time. Do it on your own time.”

The memo also reinforced that the department’s Bureau of Investigations and Trials was going after the offenders — echoing an email by Chief of Department John Hodges on Saturday.

Firefighters “should understand that BITS is gathering video and identifying members that brought discredit … to the department,” the Sunday memo said. “We want the members to come forward. They will come to HQ to be educated [on] why their behavior is unacceptable.”

more
https://nypost.com/2024/03/10/us-news/fdny-turns-up-heat-on-firefighters-who-cheered-trump-booed-letitia-james-with-scolding-internal-letter/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
How can one disrespect a ghettopoyamus like Letisha? 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
You're not allowed to boo now? How will they know who was booing and who wasn't?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Weird speculates:
"How will they know who was booing and who wasn't?"

Cameras.
They'll conduct an "investigation" as thorough as the one the FBI is waging against the "January 6th people". Wait and see.

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
This worthless Commissioner is not even a firefighter but a political hack.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Kavanagh
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
An example of what happens to right-minded people when "feelings" and "emotions" are given precedence over facts and truth.

Once in power, retribution and revenge...
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
An example of what happens to right-minded people when "feelings" and "emotions" are given precedence over facts and truth.

Once in power, retribution and revenge...
Remember Valerie Jarrett going on about "paybacks"?

They're heeeeere...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
This worthless Commissioner is not even a firefighter but a political hack.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Kavanagh

Adams must really hate the NYFD to appoint such a person as her to be the top hoser.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

New standing headline - "NY Fire Fighter Shortage Baffles Pols "
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

New standing headline - "NY Fire Fighter Shortage Baffles Pols "
A decent firefighter or paramedic should be able to find a job in almost any state.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Remember Valerie Jarrett going on about "paybacks"?

They're heeeeere...
She's gonna make sure that male dominated, misogynistic NYFD doesn't get away with "disrespectin'" females in positions of authority...
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Smokin Joe

She's gonna make sure that male dominated, misogynistic NYFD doesn't get away with "disrespectin'" females in positions of authority...

You expect anyone who has a set big enough to go into a burning building is going to be cowed by some loudmouth hateful bitch? Really?  :silly: :silly: :silly:

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

I knew it!
🇺🇸Travis🇺🇸
@Travis_in_Flint
Meet Laura Kavanagh, the Fire Commander of the New York City Fire Department and the woman who started the investigation into firefighters who booed Letitia James and chanted for Trump.  She was appointed by Mayor Eric Adams and has never been a firefighter herself. 

She’s worked on many political campaigns for democrats and even oversaw the complete diversification of the FDNY.  Her office has made it clear that anyone who was involved in booing James will be “educated” on proper conduct. 

Why is a woman who’s never served as a firefighter serving as the Commander?
5:48 PM · Mar 10, 2024
Sarah
@Oroborus1014
she is a 40yr old lez/ woman. she checked a few boxes for the mayor. she also tick off people by demoting men without consulting their bosses. She is a DEI hire that is not even qualified to take out the trash.
8:18 PM · Mar 10, 2024

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
You expect anyone who has a set big enough to go into a burning building is going to be cowed by some loudmouth hateful bitch? Really?  :silly: :silly: :silly:
Not at all. That was all sarcasm...

Offline mountaineer

UPDATE March 14, 2024

Chuck Callesto
@ChuckCallesto

BREAKING NOW: ⚠️ FDNY reverses course on 'HUNT' FOR FIREFIGHTERS who booed Letitia James, cheered Donald Trump..
Somebody realized LAWSUITS WERE COMING hard and fast..
New York City Fire Department officials have dismissed the idea of pursuing action against lower-ranking members who booed New York Attorney General Letitia James during her appearance at a ceremony last week.
"There has never been an inquiry regarding members booing," stated an FDNY spokesperson to Fox News on Wednesday, which seems to refute earlier claims about an internal email from senior officers that led to several days of negative media coverage for the department.

11:48 AM · Mar 14, 2024

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
UPDATE March 14, 2024

Chuck Callesto
@ChuckCallesto

BREAKING NOW: ⚠️ FDNY reverses course on 'HUNT' FOR FIREFIGHTERS who booed Letitia James, cheered Donald Trump..
Somebody realized LAWSUITS WERE COMING hard and fast..
New York City Fire Department officials have dismissed the idea of pursuing action against lower-ranking members who booed New York Attorney General Letitia James during her appearance at a ceremony last week.
"There has never been an inquiry regarding members booing," stated an FDNY spokesperson to Fox News on Wednesday, which seems to refute earlier claims about an internal email from senior officers that led to several days of negative media coverage for the department.

11:48 AM · Mar 14, 2024

The Union must have sent a nasty-gram to the city's general counsel, advising FDNY about how stupid hunting these guys down for exercising free speech would be for all involved at the management level.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Just a recollection (if I'm remembering wrong, please correct me)...

Seems like in the days after the World Trade Center attack, the NYFD was "the first responder" in the ruins of the towers, excavating debris and searching for survivors.

Then, someone in city government (I don't think it was Giuliani) got the idea that they were going to remove the firemen from the site and use others. Probably for less money or something along that line.

The firefighters went ballistic on the city government, pretty much saying how it was their department that suffered the most loss there, and that THEY were going to be the ones to recover their dead.

The city backed away quickly on that... and the FDNY continued on the job to the end.

The lesson:
Go after the FDNY for the wrong reason... and there will be consequences.

Offline Smokin Joe

Well....suppose they had a fire and nobody came?

Not that firefighters in the FDNY would take it that far, that just isn't in a firefighter's wheelhouse.

But come after me for expressing my opinion, and color me gone.

Good firefighters are eminently employable in Conservative America, as are good paramedics.

C S Lewis

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Just a recollection (if I'm remembering wrong, please correct me)...

Seems like in the days after the World Trade Center attack, the NYFD was "the first responder" in the ruins of the towers, excavating debris and searching for survivors.

Then, someone in city government (I don't think it was Giuliani) got the idea that they were going to remove the firemen from the site and use others. Probably for less money or something along that line.

The firefighters went ballistic on the city government, pretty much saying how it was their department that suffered the most loss there, and that THEY were going to be the ones to recover their dead.

The city backed away quickly on that... and the FDNY continued on the job to the end.

The lesson:
Go after the FDNY for the wrong reason... and there will be consequences.

At the time, correct me if I'm wrong, but Hillary was a Senator for NYS and she was booed as well by the firefighters.