Author Topic: Atlantic Writer Blames Slow Electric-Vehicle Sales on Donald Trump  (Read 2672 times)

Offline pjcomix

• DUmmie FUnnies YouTube Channel
Andrew Moseman goes into some detail in Friday's Atlantic magazine as to why electric vehicle sales have slowed down recently to the extent that he is now calling 2024 a lost year for EVs as reflected in the title, "America’s Lost Year for Electric Cars."

Despite Moseman providing us with a myriad of obvious reasons why consumers appear to be rejecting EVs, he falls back on the easy all-purpose explanation for liberals to blame for whatever the woes: Trump's fault!

https://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/pj-gladnick/2024/03/09/atlantic-writer-blames-slow-electric-vehicle-sales-donald-trump
DUmmie FUnnies YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/dummiefunnies

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Atlantic Writer Blames Slow Electric-Vehicle Sales on Donald Trump
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2024, 11:58:36 pm »
Range is probably by far the biggest rap on EVs.  There does not exist an EV with the range to take me to Phoenix, especially during the summer.  That puts the State Capital out of my range. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2024, 04:29:29 pm »
Range is probably by far the biggest rap on EVs.  There does not exist an EV with the range to take me to Phoenix, especially during the summer.  That puts the State Capital out of my range.

And the point that these things drain easily in frigid temps, and getting stranded much more iikely?  This has nothing to do with Trump, but just a product and concept that sucks.  The whole damned thing is enviro-whackos virtue signaling and guilting sheeple into buying into their scam.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2024, 04:50:21 pm »
And the point that these things drain easily in frigid temps, and getting stranded much more iikely?  This has nothing to do with Trump, but just a product and concept that sucks.  The whole damned thing is enviro-whackos virtue signaling and guilting sheeple into buying into their scam.

Lemme tell ya, their performance driving in a 120F Desert is no great shakes, either.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2024, 04:52:48 pm »

They don't exactly suck. I suspect they have their place. Suburbia, perhaps... But golf carts are cheaper.  :cool:

Offline pjcomix

• DUmmie FUnnies YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2024, 05:51:25 pm »
They don't exactly suck. I suspect they have their place. Suburbia, perhaps... But golf carts are cheaper.  :cool:

Electric golf carts are the work horses of The Villages here in Florida so EVs do have their place but in a limited range way.
DUmmie FUnnies YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/dummiefunnies

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2024, 06:07:19 pm »
Inadequate range, unavailability of charging stations, excessive initial cost, excessive repair cost, excessive charging cost, poor performance in extreme hot or cold weather ... but Trump!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2024, 06:21:28 pm »
Electric golf carts are the work horses of The Villages here in Florida so EVs do have their place but in a limited range way.

I've got one coming. A golf cart, I mean... Poor man's side-by-side.
By the time I convert it to Li-Ron batts, give it a lift kit and quad wheels and tires and put a pickup bed on the back, Not to mention a winter package... It will serve my purpose.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2024, 06:51:29 pm »
The marketplace is speaking - electric cars are good for short distances, in relatively flat terrain, and in temperate weather.

Those of us who live and work for a living need a reliable vehicle that will work in Summer Heat, Winter Cold, and hilly terrain over long distances.

Gas stations are easier to find.  Refilling a gas tank requires much less time than recharging a car.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2024, 07:08:06 pm »
The marketplace is speaking - electric cars are good for short distances, in relatively flat terrain, and in temperate weather.

Those of us who live and work for a living need a reliable vehicle that will work in Summer Heat, Winter Cold, and hilly terrain over long distances.

Gas stations are easier to find.  Refilling a gas tank requires much less time than recharging a car.
Pretty much sums it up. With the cold North Dakota is renown for, those things are potential death traps. One pizza chain in town has two, and they haven't used them for deliveries all winter. That's a five mile radius, and they can't hack it. Imagine going to the next large town for a doctors appointment (260 mile  round trip), or even just trying to get there, in winter, running the heater and lights...

It's the product that is the problem, it isn't suitable for the needs of any but those going short distances on level ground in shirtsleeve weather.

Trump doesn't have a damned thing to do with that. That's takes some serious TDS.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 07:12:55 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2024, 07:52:35 pm »

Unfortunately, it's about one hell-of-a-lot more than that @catfish1957 It's about funneling truckloads of $$$ from the public treasury into Democrat campaign coffers (Solendra on steroids) and controlling the mobility of the masses.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2024, 03:07:35 pm »
Climate Realist
@ClimateRealists
Electric cars have up to a third less range than advertised https://thismon.ee/a/13185581 via @ThisIsMoney
8:51 AM · Mar 12, 2024

Climate Realist
@ClimateRealists
The battery life of the cars tested was on average 29.9% less than advertised.. Electric cars have up to a third less battery life than advertised when driven in real-life conditions, an investigation has found.
11:00 AM · Mar 12, 2024

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2024, 03:21:00 pm »
Which would be fine, if one could recharge an EV at the same speed one can fill up a tank of gasoline... but that will likely never happen.

I know with my little Shanghai Scooter, you cannot charge and operate it at the same time the way you can, for instance, a cell phone. So even the idea of hooking up a generator and charging as you go is off the table.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2024, 03:23:29 pm »
Plus weight, high maintenance costs, short battery life, insurance tendency to refuse repairs and total after minor accidents, and of course, all the fires we have seen over the past two years.

What's not to love about EVs?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Hoodat

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2024, 03:39:22 pm »
The only place where EVs are a good fit are in urban areas with lots of stop and go traffic.  At lower speeds, wind drag has a much lesser effect on efficiency.  And regenerative braking recaptures kinetic energy and returns it to the batteries.

Maybe places like New York, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, etc., should work on implementing EV mandates in their own areas and leave the rest of us alone.  Around 90% of my morning commute is at speeds greater than 50 mph with minimal stopping.  And this is where my gasoline engine is far more efficient (i.e environmentally friendly) than an EV. 
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online LMAO

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2024, 04:00:17 pm »
This is where governments think they can override market forces

If electric vehicles were equal to gas powered vehicles, or better, in every aspect, they would sell
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2024, 09:31:46 pm »
LMAO:
"This is where governments think they can override market forces"

The intent of the government is not to "over-ride" market forces.
Nope.
The intent is to ELIMINATE them.

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2024, 12:04:25 pm »
This is where governments think they can override market forces

If electric vehicles were equal to gas powered vehicles, or better, in every aspect, they would sell

I remember when Obama frequently claimed that his administration was "incentivizing" the free market when he was ramming Obamacare down our throats, when in reality, he was destroying that market through government intervention.  It was all Orwellian "newspeak", word games, and gaslighting.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2024, 09:33:15 pm »
Unfortunately, it's about one hell-of-a-lot more than that @catfish1957 It's about funneling truckloads of $$$ from the public treasury into Democrat campaign coffers (Solendra on steroids) and controlling the mobility of the masses.

@Bigun

I disagree.

I think it is primarily  about controlling the ability of the population to travel out of their local area. IF the enviro-Nazi's can get gasoline cars banned from public use,you won't be able to travel without buying a ticket,and travel tickets will be hard to get unless you  are a card-carrying Comrade.

Think "pubic transportation USSR".

That was one way the Soviets controlled travel.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2024, 09:37:59 pm »
LMAO:
"This is where governments think they can override market forces"

The intent of the government is not to "over-ride" market forces.
Nope.
The intent is to ELIMINATE them.

@Fishrrman

Thus,overiding market forces.

IF you are a trusted "good little comrade" with a clean record and a reliable informer on your neighbors,you MIGHT be able to get a special permit to buy  the equivalent of a "Lada" or a similar piece of Biden to "tool around town" like a bigshot to go grocery shopping on weekends,but you will still need a special permit to drive out of the city on weekends,even if you have been allowed to have a dacha and garden plot out there to grow vegetables.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2024, 09:41:29 pm »
China’s Abandoned, Obsolete Electric Cars Are Piling Up in Cities

A subsidy-fueled boom helped build China into an electric-car giant but left weed-infested lots across the nation brimming with unwanted battery-powered vehicles.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 09:42:31 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2024, 11:29:56 pm »
China’s Abandoned, Obsolete Electric Cars Are Piling Up in Cities

A subsidy-fueled boom helped build China into an electric-car giant but left weed-infested lots across the nation brimming with unwanted battery-powered vehicles.

How cool will it be when just one of those car batteries decides to go into self immolation mode **nononono*

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2024, 11:34:32 pm »
How cool will it be when just one of those car batteries decides to go into self immolation mode **nononono*
A conflagration to rival Dresden or Tokyo...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2024, 11:38:02 pm »
If it burns China to the ground, I'm okay with it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2024, 11:51:11 pm »
If it burns China to the ground, I'm okay with it.

@mountaineer

I'd even jump up and down while cheering.