Author Topic: Buttigieg: Biden Will Continue to Fight Deficit by Raising Taxes  (Read 1021 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Buttigieg: Biden Will Continue to Fight Deficit by Raising Taxes

Ian Hanchett 9 Mar 2024

On Friday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “Your World,” Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg said that there is more work to be done on deficit reduction, President Joe Biden will continue to work on reducing the deficit, and that’s why the President has put out a proposal to raise taxes.

After Buttigieg [relevant exchange begins around 2:20] said that Biden will “continue down the path of deficit reduction that he has achieved in his presidency,” host Neil Cavuto said, “We have more debt than we did when he assumed office. Debt has grown under this President. By the way, it’s grown under the last one, the before him, and the one before him. So, no one’s making real progress here.”

Buttigieg responded, “Right. Well, but again, more meaningful deficit reduction than we’ve seen in quite a while. Yeah, you’re right, more work to be done, which is why he put out — look, you’re never supposed to even use the t-word, tax, in an address. But he pointed out a way to do it that would not touch anybody making less than $400,000 a year, which is something that most Americans, if not most members of Congress, support.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/03/09/buttigieg-biden-will-continue-to-fight-deficit-by-raising-taxes/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Buttigieg: Biden Will Continue to Fight Deficit by Raising Taxes
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2024, 05:23:33 pm »
Buttigieg attended Harvard University, where he graduated with a bachelor’s degree in history and literature in 2004. He later studied at the University of Oxford as a Rhodes scholar. After earning a bachelor’s degree in philosophy, politics, and economics from Oxford’s Pembroke College in 2007,

All that and the guy is still a Friggin Moron 9999hair out0000 Gee Wally all we have to do is tax the bejesus out of everyone making 400K and over and the deficit will just disappear and all our other economic problems too! Unfortunately for the Alfred E. Newman clone there's this little thing called reality that all the rest of us have to live with.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 05:38:22 pm »
It’s obvious that the Biden campaign strategy is not only to run against Donald Trump but to also run against reality

We are looking at nearly $2 trillion in deficits under this guy.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2024, 09:53:11 pm »
Buttigieg responded, “Right. Well, but again, more meaningful deficit reduction than we’ve seen in quite a while. Yeah, you’re right, more work to be done, which is why he put out — look, you’re never supposed to even use the t-word, tax, in an address. But he pointed out a way to do it that would not touch anybody making less than $400,000 a year, which is something that most Americans, if not most members of Congress, support.”

The total income generated by people making over $400,000 comes to $2.6 trillion.  This group currently pays around 43% of all taxes collected.  Yet for Buttigieg and Biden, this still isn't enough.

Now the numbers.  Of that $2.6 trillion in income, they are already handing $676 billion of it over to the federal government.  That leaves around $1.92 trillion.  The deficit is $1.7 trillion.  So the government will need to take over 88% of what is left over after taxing them the first time.  Or another way of looking at it, government will need to confiscate 65% of the income of the top 1% in order to balance the budget.

Of course Democrats are complete idiots when it comes to human nature.  They really believe that the top 1% will work even harder to make up the difference.  It never crosses their minds that the top 1% will simply start working less since their incentive to work has been severely curtailed.

So instead of them being grateful with the top 1% supplying a whopping 43% of their revenues, they now demand they supply 71% of their revenues.  Except what will really happen is that the top 1% will stop working altogether and will begin contributing 0% of total revenues.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2024, 10:51:45 pm »
What a hero, Joe is gonna save us by exporting our jobs to China and India, along with exporting our Armies to hostile radical muslim nations and entities, and abandoning our civilians there to never be seen again.  While exporting Trillions to foreign nations, many of them hostile, and leaving Americans to live on the streets in poverty.  All from saving us from the evil Trump who was bringing jobs back to America, especially for minorities, from China.  Kind joe doesn't even want money from the foreigners that receive billions, just plans to give Americas the costs in much higher taxes and prices.  The ones that have jobs of course.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 10:55:20 pm by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2024, 10:25:37 pm »
I heard about two minutes of Glenn Beck today, but he mentioned Pete Buttgigger in the context of the children's program, "Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?"  In other words, where in the world is Pete Buttigieg while all these airline failures are happening.

We know where his BF is:

Pete Buttigieg's husband is on tape telling young children to pledge allegiance to the LGBTQ flag

https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/status/1767251208970940879
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2024, 03:47:57 am »
The total income generated by people making over $400,000 comes to $2.6 trillion.  This group currently pays around 43% of all taxes collected.  Yet for Buttigieg and Biden, this still isn't enough.

Now the numbers.  Of that $2.6 trillion in income, they are already handing $676 billion of it over to the federal government.  That leaves around $1.92 trillion.  The deficit is $1.7 trillion.  So the government will need to take over 88% of what is left over after taxing them the first time.  Or another way of looking at it, government will need to confiscate 65% of the income of the top 1% in order to balance the budget.

Of course Democrats are complete idiots when it comes to human nature.  They really believe that the top 1% will work even harder to make up the difference.  It never crosses their minds that the top 1% will simply start working less since their incentive to work has been severely curtailed.

So instead of them being grateful with the top 1% supplying a whopping 43% of their revenues, they now demand they supply 71% of their revenues.  Except what will really happen is that the top 1% will stop working altogether and will begin contributing 0% of total revenues.
I'd bet every one of those shakers and movers has read Atlas Shrugged, too.

Galt's Gulch coming up!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2024, 03:52:37 am »
Buttigieg attended Harvard University, where he graduated with a bachelor’s degree in history and literature in 2004. He later studied at the University of Oxford as a Rhodes scholar. After earning a bachelor’s degree in philosophy, politics, and economics from Oxford’s Pembroke College in 2007,

All that and the guy is still a Friggin Moron 9999hair out0000 Gee Wally all we have to do is tax the bejesus out of everyone making 400K and over and the deficit will just disappear and all our other economic problems too! Unfortunately for the Alfred E. Newman clone there's this little thing called reality that all the rest of us have to live with.

Fuller's Rule of the Nevers, #4: Never trust anyone nor anything from Harvard.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2024, 03:55:52 am »

Eventually it's going to turn into seizing their assets and wealth taxes. They haven't gotten that far yet, for one reason: a lot of those institutionally wealthy people are funding their Super-PACs and can use those income tax hikes to keep competitors at bay. They already have a pot that income taxes don't touch.

But the AOC crowd is rising.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2024, 04:03:20 am »
I reckon cutting spending never crossed their minds?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2024, 12:30:20 pm »
I reckon cutting spending never crossed their minds?
Of course not. You can't buy votes by cutting back on spending.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2024, 10:23:22 pm »
The Butt gig and demented Joe dog and pony show is here with false promises to make things better as they work to bring everything crashing down, with lies everything is getting better.

:dumpster: :dumpster: :reaper: :dumpster: :dumpster:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions