Author Topic: Few women are trying for elite special operations roles, new data shows  (Read 284 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Few women are trying for elite special operations roles, new data shows
By Hope Hodge Seck
 Mar 7, 11:01 PM

In the eight years since the Pentagon opened previously closed special operations jobs to women, just four have entered the training pipeline to become a Navy SEAL.

Only 17 women have attempted Marine Raider training in that same timeline. None of those applicants went on to secure a position on a SEAL or Raider team.

That’s according to new data compiled by the military services at the request of the Pentagon-appointed Defense Advisory Committee on Women in the Services.

The information provides a rare snapshot into military efforts to breach what is effectively the last frontier of gender integration: the elite and physically demanding units that operate in secrecy and conduct the most complex and high-stakes missions.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2024/03/08/few-women-are-trying-for-elite-special-operations-roles-new-data-shows/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Will women be ordered to apply to special forces so the military can boast about diversity?  It is more important to progressives, after all, than having an elite force.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Few women are trying for elite special operations roles, new data shows
By Hope Hodge Seck
 Mar 7, 11:01 PM

In the eight years since the Pentagon opened previously closed special operations jobs to women, just four have entered the training pipeline to become a Navy SEAL.

Only 17 women have attempted Marine Raider training in that same timeline. None of those applicants went on to secure a position on a SEAL or Raider team.

That’s according to new data compiled by the military services at the request of the Pentagon-appointed Defense Advisory Committee on Women in the Services.

The information provides a rare snapshot into military efforts to breach what is effectively the last frontier of gender integration: the elite and physically demanding units that operate in secrecy and conduct the most complex and high-stakes missions.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2024/03/08/few-women-are-trying-for-elite-special-operations-roles-new-data-shows/

@rangerrebew

ANYBODY that thinks a woman,any woman,can apply for training to become a Force Recon Marine or a SEAL Team member is an idiot. Women  just flat do NOT  have the muscle mass or the physical stamina to hold those jobs,and if any DO slip  by  due to orders from higher command,their presence puts the lives of the whole team in danger.

Now,if you want  to talk about covert  positions for women in Delta Force,you start to make a little sense. Delta is often involved in "spy versus spy" and similar intelligence operations that have NOTHING to do with  carrying 100 lb rucksacks and heaving  full-automatic weapons. These are covert observation missions where a military age and obviously physically fit Delta Op walking down the same street as an enemy  spy or agent would be noted by by back-up team,but a young and healthy man and a young and healthy woman walking down  that same street,arm in arm and in civilian  clothes probably wouldn't draw much  attention at all.

Or even a woman walking alone.

Missions like THAT are where being a female really makes a positive difference.

This may be even more true in Islamic nations,where women are seen more as slaves than as thinking human beings.

Yeah,it is STILL VERY dangerous,but if that is what they sign up for,and those type of assignments are ALL volunteer assignments,she can accomplish  things  a man might  not  be able to do.

BTW,I have been out of the army since 1970,and don't actually know diddly-squat about what  they  are or are not actually doing these days.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Will women be ordered to apply to special forces so the military can boast about diversity?  It is more important to progressives, after all, than having an elite force.

@rangerrebew

PROBABLY not "ordered",but  there  has  been a couple of female (allegedly) West Point graduates that have volunteered for SF training,and thanks  to asshats like  General Miss Miley,accepted and the cadre ordered to  allow them to pass.

Fortunately,the Colonel commanding SFTG at that time put  duty to country ahead of career,and when a SGM,a Master Sgt,and a SFC in training group cadre flunked  them out and refused to follow orders to  allow them to graduate,the Biden hit  the fan.

As a result,the punks in the pentagon court-martialed the SFTG Cadre for failing to follow legal orders,but the effort was unsuccessful,and the army was forced to  retire them all at full pay with  full benefits.

This was more than several years ago,and I vaguely remember that a few years later the Miss Miley Branch of the Army tried again with a couple more West Point Macho Madams,and this time awarded them Berets. I have no idea how successful these women were in getting command positions in order to get quick promotions in order to become both  bulletproof as well as in safe command slots where  they would NOT be required to ever hump a rucksack or a rifle.

What I DO know to be a FACT is that Macho Madams have NO role to play as either  a SF team leader,or even as an administrator. This was nothing more or less than  PC bullbush.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 06:58:06 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!