Author Topic: Troops in Iraq, Syria had close calls with militia attacks  (Read 131 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Troops in Iraq, Syria had close calls with militia attacks
« on: March 10, 2024, 02:06:22 pm »
Troops in Iraq, Syria had close calls with militia attacks
By Meghann Myers
 Thursday, Mar 7

While the majority of the attacks targeting U.S. troops in Iraq, Syria and Jordan from October into February didn’t result in casualties, some of those were just lucky near-misses, the head of U.S. Central Command said Thursday.

“Several” of the 173 attacks by Iran-backed militias would have injured or killed troops, if not for fortunate snags, CENTCOM’s commander, Army Gen. Erik Kurilla, told the Senate Armed Services Committee.

Kurilla’s comments Thursday reinforced the harrowing nature of some of these attacks to a degree not previously disclosed.

“Incidents where [an air drone] is coming into a base, hit another object, got caught up in a netting, or other incidents where, had they hit the appropriate target that they were targeting, it would have injured or killed service members,” he said.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2024/03/07/troops-in-iraq-syria-had-close-calls-with-militia-attacks/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson