Author Topic: V-22 Osprey fleet will fly again, with no fixes but renewed training  (Read 409 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
V-22 Osprey fleet will fly again, with no fixes but renewed training
By Megan Eckstein, Courtney Mabeus-Brown and Rachel S. Cohen
 Mar 8, 07:15 AM

The U.S. military will allow its fleet of V-22 Ospreys to fly again, three months after it grounded the entire inventory of more than 400 aircraft following a fatal crash off the coast of Japan in November.

The Marine Corps, Air Force and Navy will immediately start refreshing troops’ training and changing maintenance procedures as prerequisites for resuming normal operations, leaders from each of the services told reporters Wednesday.

But they acknowledged it will be months before the tiltrotor aircraft are fully back to flying real-world missions.

The Ospreys will receive no equipment modifications before they return to the air.

https://www.defensenews.com/air/2024/03/08/v-22-osprey-fleet-will-fly-again-with-no-fixes-but-renewed-training/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: V-22 Osprey fleet will fly again, with no fixes but renewed training
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2024, 01:44:41 pm »

The Ospreys will receive no equipment modifications before they return to the air.

It sounds like solid, woke thinking. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: V-22 Osprey fleet will fly again, with no fixes but renewed training
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 09:54:06 pm »
You want, you want, the Osprey to fly?
Then drop, drop, drop the D-E-I ...