Author Topic: Texas officials push back against Biden border claims  (Read 140 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Texas officials push back against Biden border claims
« on: March 10, 2024, 01:14:28 pm »
Texas officials push back against Biden border claims
House Speaker Mike Johnson, R-Louisiana, said the president was “gaslighting” the American people.

By Bethany Blankley | The Center Square contributor
Published: March 8, 2024 11:00pm

(The Center Square) -
President Joe Biden told members of Congress he wanted to fix the border crisis in his state of the union address Thursday night after repeatedly claiming over the last three years there is no border crisis.

U.S. Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas has also repeatedly testified to Congress that the border is secure, the federal government has operational control, and the reason that the administration has had difficulty is because it “inherited a broken immigration system.” Mayorkas’ claims, and evidence to the contrary, the U.S. House Committee on Homeland Security majority argued, are one reason why the House impeached him.

“We have a simple choice," Biden said Thursday night. "We can fight about fixing the border or we can fix it. I’m ready to fix it. Send me the border bill now.”

https://justthenews.com/nation/states/center-square/texas-officials-push-back-against-biden-border-claims
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 01:15:44 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson