Author Topic: Measles reported at Chicago migrant shelter  (Read 154 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Measles reported at Chicago migrant shelter
« on: March 10, 2024, 01:01:36 pm »
Measles reported at Chicago migrant shelter
Chicago health department officials said the patient has recovered and is no longer contagious. The shelter is on lockdown until residents are vaccinated, officials said.
By  Michael Loria   Mar 8, 2024, 5:14pm EDT

A migrant shelter in Pilsen is on lockdown for one of Chicago's first measles cases in years.

Public health officials reported the cases of the disease Thursday and confirmed Friday morning that one of the cases was at the shelter at 2241 S. Halsted St., where 5-year-old Jean Carlos “Jeremías” Martinez Rivero had been staying before he died from sepsis caused primarily by strep throat, according to the autopsy.

The child at the shelter who contracted measles has recovered and is no longer contagious, the Chicago Department of Public Health said in a statement. The shelter remains on lockdown until residents are vaccinated.

Chicago officials have struggled to treat migrants at the shelter for months.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/immigration/2024/03/08/measles-reported-chicago-migrant-shelter
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson