Author Topic: AMERICA’S SECRET STEALTH AIRCRAFT YOU’VE NEVER HEARD OF  (Read 135 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
AMERICA’S SECRET STEALTH AIRCRAFT YOU’VE NEVER HEARD OF
« on: March 09, 2024, 02:28:17 pm »
AMERICA’S SECRET STEALTH AIRCRAFT YOU’VE NEVER HEARD OF
GEAR & TECH, MILITARY HISTORY
BY ALEX HOLLINGS
MARCH 6, 2024

The United States operates more stealth aircraft than any other country on the planet, both in terms of volume and variety, with three publicly disclosed stealth platforms in service and at least three more at some stage of development.

But for every F-22 Raptor, F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, or B-2 Spirit, there are a number of stealth jets that never found their way into operational hangars either because of program cancellations or, often, because they were never intended for combat service at all: Sometimes, programs aim to prove advanced new technological concepts, test classified new systems, or prove the efficacy of a capability meant for inclusion in other aircraft.

Because of the very nature of the technology, new stealth aircraft are usually developed under the utmost secrecy. The F-117 Nighthawk, as one famous example, was operational for years before the American government acknowledged its existence. Likewise, prototypes, technology demonstrators, and even programs meant for service but canceled for various reasons often remain shrouded in mystery for years, even after they stop flying.

https://www.sandboxx.us/news/americas-secret-stealth-aircraft-youve-never-heard-of/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson