Democrat alternative to Joe if he bows out by end of convention
3 (2.6%)
3rd Party, including RFK, Jr.
10 (8.6%)
I'll probably be too stoned to vote
13 (11.2%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Voting closed: April 08, 2024, 02:03:54 pm

Author Topic: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out  (Read 35549 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out
« Reply #700 on: March 27, 2024, 03:27:20 pm »
@LMAO

One can't miss all those times when the last 20 posts are populated nearly 100% with this thread. Also, I'm constantly beckoned here when I check for new posts on the threads where I've posted. This thread is so in-your-face, it's hard to ignore.

It's good that you're enjoying the thread. My enjoyment is to jump in and poke a little fun at the circular discussion that's taking place. Surely you don't begrudge me that! :tongue2:

Not at all, dear!  Have at it!!

But it's less than 8 months until our Republic lives or dies.

LONG LIVE "PULSE OF BRIEFERS"!!!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #701 on: March 27, 2024, 05:44:20 pm »
@LMAO

One can't miss all those times when the last 20 posts are populated nearly 100% with this thread. Also, I'm constantly beckoned here when I check for new posts on the threads where I've posted. This thread is so in-your-face, it's hard to ignore.

It's good that you're enjoying the thread. My enjoyment is to jump in and poke a little fun at the circular discussion that's taking place. Surely you don't begrudge me that! :tongue2:

It appears the pie and waffles didn't calm things down much.  Maybe I should look for some cheese.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #702 on: March 27, 2024, 05:49:34 pm »
No.  I want you to use the same matrix you use for Donald Trump's first four years on Ronald Reagan's eight years.

What did Reagan actually *DO* other than increase the debt, close mental health hospitals, and ship arms to Iran?

I just did. I spoke of the things Reagan DID that lasted longer than his office.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #703 on: March 27, 2024, 05:50:36 pm »
Listen to yourself.

Listen to myself, what?  :shrug:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #704 on: March 27, 2024, 05:51:05 pm »
Well, don't forget under swampster Reagan, the federal workforce increased by about 324,000 to almost 5.3 million people.

So what?

Online libertybele

« Reply #705 on: March 27, 2024, 05:53:14 pm »
@LMAO

Guess this is my exit then.  :seeya:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #706 on: March 27, 2024, 05:58:35 pm »
Listen to myself, what?  :shrug:

I forgot.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #707 on: March 27, 2024, 05:59:14 pm »
So what?

Claiming wanting to shrink the government and doing the opposite.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #708 on: March 27, 2024, 06:14:11 pm »
I forgot.   :shrug:

@roamer_1 @Cyber Liberty

OMG! This is so hilarious! Projectile beverage spewing all over the screen and beyond. Can't catch my breath! LSHIP!

:laughingdog:

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #709 on: March 27, 2024, 06:47:06 pm »
Claiming wanting to shrink the government and doing the opposite.

That wasn't the point.

The point was, what did Reagan do that we get to keep?

I'll take the hit in spending and iran/contra considering the vast economical engine he turned loose. It lasted twenty years. Not perfectly. You could argue it if you want to nit pick. But a twenty year swing. And that coming out of Carter's maiaise. Decades of Democrats in control of Congress.

He did the same for the military - a military that was on it's last legs with much of it's gear still from WWII and Nam. After Reagan - World Class. And that's what it took to break the Soviet's back. Iran/Contra is a pittance compared to ending the Cold War.

Y'all thing you're getting at me because he spent money. You've got to be kidding. Really/

It ain't about going into debt. We've gone into debt before. We'll do it again.
Debt is shorthand for 'debt we can handle'

We could handle the payments on Reagan's debt. And look at what it bought.
Levered out of Carter's malaise.
Decades of prosperity
World class military -massive upgrade
The end of the cold war.
Huge changes in the world by treaty that changed the face of things.

As I said before, it ain't that he went into debt, it's that the debt wasn't paid back. Reagan's expenditures WORKED. THAT's what we got to keep.

Now do Tumpy.

Still waiting for someone to give me some sense of what we get to keep From Tumpy's spending, which is so far away from Reagan's as to be several orders of magnitude in difference. Still waiting to see 'greatest conservative president since Reagan' defined.

You can't do it. It's bullshit. You got nothing in your hand. One super-good Scotus judge. abortion returned to the states. Both super good things. What else for 8 TTTTrillion bucks in debt and 20 TTTTrillion bucks in cost, and the devastation wrought to liberty?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #710 on: March 27, 2024, 06:58:47 pm »
I just did. I spoke of the things Reagan DID that lasted longer than his office.

You mean other than consolidate Conservatives, offering the Cristian Right a place at the Conservative table, jumping us out of nearly a decade long malaise into a vibrant economy that lasted for twenty years, winning the cold war and rebuilding a world class military to include strengthening international support from allies, the reduction in nuclear weapons and the strategic defense initiative? And that's just off the top of my head...

Sounds like Reagan  pointing-up. Was the warm-up act for Donald Trump  pointing-down

In four years, Donald Trump consolidated American patriots around freédom and the American legacy, giving them a seat at the table; rebuilt an economy bringing the American dream back to life for the working class, ushered in the highest employment rates in recorded history; secured our borders through a series of national and international iniatives and against all odds, rebuilt a depleted, outdated and demoralized military;  stacked the Federal courts with constitutionalist judges,; implemented fair global trade agreements; pushed our allies to pay their bills; saved America from the global green new deal ponzi scheme; moved our embassy to Jerusalem; paved the way for new alliances in the Middle East through the Abraham Accords; defeated ISIS; made America both respected and feared on the global stage; oversaw four years of peace ---- and this is just off the top of my head.

Online LMAO

« Reply #711 on: March 27, 2024, 07:10:18 pm »
First, there’s the rhetoric

Now for the reality. Here  are your average GDP numbers for the last seven presidents as an example

n his eight years in office, U.S. GDP growth averaged 1.62% under Obama, about 70% higher than Trump’s growth rate.

Here’s a look at average GDP growth rates under the last six U.S. presidents:

Jimmy Carter (D): 3.25%

Ronald Reagan (R): 3.48%

George H.W. Bush (R): 2.25%

Bill Clinton (D): 3.88%

George W. Bush (R): 2.2%

Barack Obama (D): 1.62%

Donald Trump (R): 0.95%

In his first four years in office, Trump has had by far the lowest average U.S. GDP growth rate of any of the last seven U.S. presidents.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/gdp-growth-under-trump-compares-121008953.html

Keep in mind that Donald Trump did not come into office during any kind of financial or economic crisis

I don’t think it’s unfair to point out that Reagan did increased the federal workforce. It absolutely is a legitimate criticism. But I would love to have a presidential candidate run that would acknowledge that all president after Calvin Coolidge have helped increased our debt and what are we going to do about it going forward
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 07:17:36 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online LMAO

« Reply #712 on: March 27, 2024, 07:22:56 pm »
By the way, those diminishing  GDP numbers coincide with debt to  GDP ratio going over 100%
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #713 on: March 27, 2024, 07:32:48 pm »
Forgive me for not quoting your full post but this @LMAO

But I would love to have a presidential candidate run that would acknowledge that all president after Calvin Coolidge have helped increased our debt and what are we going to do about it going forward.

I take Covid spending as an outlier and really don't take Trump to task over it because I think any other recent president would have done similarly. The rise in Trump's numbers otherwise were pretty close to the Obama years.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online roamer_1

« Reply #714 on: March 27, 2024, 08:23:12 pm »
Sounds like Reagan  pointing-up. Was the warm-up act for Donald Trump  pointing-down

In four years, Donald Trump consolidated American patriots around freédom and the American legacy, giving them a seat at the table; rebuilt an economy bringing the American dream back to life for the working class, ushered in the highest employment rates in recorded history; secured our borders through a series of national and international iniatives and against all odds, rebuilt a depleted, outdated and demoralized military;  stacked the Federal courts with constitutionalist judges,; implemented fair global trade agreements; pushed our allies to pay their bills; saved America from the global green new deal ponzi scheme; moved our embassy to Jerusalem; paved the way for new alliances in the Middle East through the Abraham Accords; defeated ISIS; made America both respected and feared on the global stage; oversaw four years of peace ---- and this is just off the top of my head.

No he didn't. One word of that is surely wrong:

You said 'In four years'... If anything that should read 'For four years', even if I gave you every benefit of the doubt (which I don't). I said the stuff that lasted AFTER he left the whitehouse. Some of what you say is false - He did nothing to stop the 'green menace', as headlines today attest and ISIS is not defeated All the rest long over...

And it was three years, almost... Three years and an horrifically fascist lockdown, a purposeful economic crash, and thousands of businesses destroyed....  :whistle:
Y'all always seem to forget that part.

But yeah. What's still standing of all that today? Scotus. Abortion in the states... What else? Nothing. And he's going after his own abortion success with promises that will turn it federal again. So does that even count?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #715 on: March 28, 2024, 02:40:08 pm »
First, there’s the rhetoric

Now for the reality. Here  are your average GDP numbers for the last seven presidents as an example

n his eight years in office, U.S. GDP growth averaged 1.62% under Obama, about 70% higher than Trump’s growth rate.

Here’s a look at average GDP growth rates under the last six U.S. presidents:

Jimmy Carter (D): 3.25%

Ronald Reagan (R): 3.48%

George H.W. Bush (R): 2.25%

Bill Clinton (D): 3.88%

George W. Bush (R): 2.2%

Barack Obama (D): 1.62%

Donald Trump (R): 0.95%

In his first four years in office, Trump has had by far the lowest average U.S. GDP growth rate of any of the last seven U.S. presidents.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/gdp-growth-under-trump-compares-121008953.html

Keep in mind that Donald Trump did not come into office during any kind of financial or economic crisis

I don’t think it’s unfair to point out that Reagan did increased the federal workforce. It absolutely is a legitimate criticism. But I would love to have a presidential candidate run that would acknowledge that all president after Calvin Coolidge have helped increased our debt and what are we going to do about it going forward

Ok, there's a lot of factors involved here. Biden is frankly hurting due to inflation. People are fully aware of how much cheaper stuff was under Trump (and earlier) Presidency. Is Biden 100% responsible? Probably not, but this just shows you how detrimental an inflationary environment is to people's living standards and outlook.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #716 on: March 28, 2024, 03:23:16 pm »
But yeah. What's still standing of all that today? Scotus. Abortion in the states... What else? Nothing. And he's going after his own abortion success with promises that will turn it federal again. So does that even count?

Much of Trump's success was fleeting.  I would say Joe Biden's moribund presidency is a product of Trump's failure to be presidential, and also his failure to adapt to the rule changes like a rational adult.  Americans do not like to fire incumbent presidents - they have to screw up.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #717 on: March 28, 2024, 05:40:53 pm »
Well, don't forget under swampster Reagan, the federal workforce increased by about 324,000 to almost 5.3 million people.

Most of that was military.  Reagan putting soldiers on the payroll to win the Cold War.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #718 on: March 28, 2024, 05:42:45 pm »
Most of that was military.  Reagan putting soldiers on the payroll to win the Cold War.

Only 26%.  :tongue2:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #719 on: March 28, 2024, 05:43:00 pm »
Sounds like Reagan  pointing-up. Was the warm-up act for Donald Trump

Wait, weren't you just trashing Reagan?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #720 on: March 28, 2024, 07:14:24 pm »
Much of Trump's success was fleeting.  I would say Joe Biden's moribund presidency is a product of Trump's failure to be presidential, and also his failure to adapt to the rule changes like a rational adult.  Americans do not like to fire incumbent presidents - they have to screw up.

Here's the thing, right here.

I don't really give a crap about Tumpy one way or another. What makes me jumping-up-and-down mad is the sheer insanity of being satisfied, even ecstatic about an administration that provably cannot be defended in Conservative terms - cannot be defended at all, and in bare fact did massive, provable damage by those same terms...

And STILL folks fluff him up and bow down like he's the second coming.
Good God y'all. Snap out of it.
If this is all it takes to turn you on, no wonder the Liberals are winning in leaps and bounds,
If this satisfies you, gets you rowdy, then we've already lost it all.

Online LMAO

« Reply #721 on: March 28, 2024, 08:00:34 pm »
Ok, there's a lot of factors involved here. Biden is frankly hurting due to inflation. People are fully aware of how much cheaper stuff was under Trump (and earlier) Presidency. Is Biden 100% responsible? Probably not, but this just shows you how detrimental an inflationary environment is to people's living standards and outlook.

Biden’s numbers are not on this list. Biden will probably have better average GDP numbers than Trump due to the effect of the economy opening up at the start of his presidency

Barry Goldwater

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #722 on: March 29, 2024, 10:47:02 am »
Biden’s numbers are not on this list. Biden will probably have better average GDP numbers than Trump due to the effect of the economy opening up at the start of his presidency

I'm not sure how GDP numbers will matter to people though. The economy is how better off do you feel versus 4 years ago. Housing costs are killing people. Not all Biden's fault but a lot of the inflationary stuff he does do adds up.

Online LMAO

« Reply #723 on: March 30, 2024, 06:17:28 pm »
I'm not sure how GDP numbers will matter to people though. The economy is how better off do you feel versus 4 years ago. Housing costs are killing people. Not all Biden's fault but a lot of the inflationary stuff he does do adds up.

The response was to the claim that Trump “rebuilt” an economy when the opposite is true

I remember when conservatives mocked Barack Obama for the “worst recovery since World War 2”

Barry Goldwater