Democrat alternative to Joe if he bows out by end of convention
3 (2.6%)
3rd Party, including RFK, Jr.
10 (8.6%)
I'll probably be too stoned to vote
13 (11.2%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Voting closed: April 08, 2024, 02:03:54 pm

Author Topic: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out  (Read 37888 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out
« Reply #675 on: March 27, 2024, 01:00:46 am »
You mean other than consolidate Conservatives, offering the Cristian Right a place at the Conservative table, jumping us out of nearly a decade long malaise into a vibrant economy that lasted for twenty years, winning the cold war and rebuilding a world class military to include strengthening international support from allies, the reduction in nuclear weapons and the strategic defense initiative? And that's just off the top of my head...

No.  I want you to use the same matrix you use for Donald Trump's first four years on Ronald Reagan's eight years.

What did Reagan actually *DO* other than increase the debt, close mental health hospitals, and ship arms to Iran? 

« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 01:05:41 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #676 on: March 27, 2024, 01:04:03 am »
Well, don't forget under swampster Reagan, the federal workforce increased by about 324,000 to almost 5.3 million people.

But, under @roamer_1 's matrix, Trump doesn't get credit for this, so it's not a real accomplishment.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #677 on: March 27, 2024, 01:09:11 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline corbe

« Reply #678 on: March 27, 2024, 01:14:48 am »
Did George Herbert Walker Bush do more?

Did William Jefferson Clinton do more?

How about George W. Bush?

No wait, Silly me!...Shame on me! Must have been Barack Hussein Obama! 

*****rollingeyes*****

Could Ted Cruz in 16 or Ron DeSantis in 24 do more to advance the Principles of Saving this Country?

Again, you Trumpers are always asking the wrong Question.

* Courtesy non ping.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #679 on: March 27, 2024, 01:20:39 am »
No.  I want you to use the same matrix you use for Donald Trump's first four years on Ronald Reagan's eight years.

What did Reagan actually *DO* other than increase the debt, close mental health hospitals, and ship arms to Iran?

Indexed the tax tables.
Lifted price controls on domestic oil.
Seriously ripped off the Iranians on spare airplane parts that they used against Saddam Hussein.
Blocked the communist takeover of three Central American countries.
Ended Carter-inflation.
Oversaw the creation of 16 million jobs.
Double-digit growth rates.
Put Antonin Scalia on the Supreme Court
Won the Cold war.

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine there would hear a member of this forum trashing Ronald Reagan.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #680 on: March 27, 2024, 01:42:25 am »

Trump is still conducting his purges on various factions within the party, while his supporters fume about the lack of unity.  :pop41:

Laurel Lee's crime: she endorsed DeSantis, before she eventually endorsed Trump.  Keep in mind, DeSantis had appointed her secretary of state before she ran for an open congressional seat.

***suicide*** :facepalm2: ***suicide***
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #681 on: March 27, 2024, 02:05:39 am »
@libertybele

Uhhh,what spot did he land in when it came to his run for the Presidency?
The way I see it, if DeSantis wasn't doing such a good job as a conservative Governor in Florida, Trump would not have done his usual preemptive strike and gone all nuclear on the man with his usual ridicule tactics before DeSantis even declared candidacy.

Before anyone really knew who DeSantis is, they followed Trump's pep-rally style attack and turned into a jungle full of parrots.

Sorry, but that bullshit doesn't impress me, at least not in a good way. People who don't have material reasons to attack get personal and sophomoric in an effort to retain popularity. That's High School level shit, maybe Junior High.

I had Ted Cruz flashbacks, and I saw Trump unnecessarily making an enemy instead of an ally who could have been a damn good VP, learned the ropes and been the candidate in 2028. To me, attacking people who don't need attacking is bleep stupidity and not even good politics. It's shitting on the guy who could be next, just to somehow grab the spotlight today. I think they call that narcissism, but whatever you call it, it hurts us all in the long run.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline corbe

« Reply #682 on: March 27, 2024, 02:43:41 am »

"There's Two much craziness in the RNC to ever consider running against DJT" is something this guy probably never said, but often thought.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #683 on: March 27, 2024, 10:55:09 am »
Indexed the tax tables.
Lifted price controls on domestic oil.
Seriously ripped off the Iranians on spare airplane parts that they used against Saddam Hussein.
Blocked the communist takeover of three Central American countries.
Ended Carter-inflation.
Oversaw the creation of 16 million jobs.
Double-digit growth rates.
Put Antonin Scalia on the Supreme Court
Won the Cold war.

I

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine there would hear a member of this forum trashing Ronald Reagan.

There was a poster on TOS during the 2016 presidential campaign that used to say that to Trumpers, everybody else has to be wrong in order for Trump to be right.  One of his cult members, Laura Loomer,  tried this tactic when it came to Calvin Coolidge and that fell flat

Im closer to Goldwater than Reagan and there were things that Ronald Reagan deserved criticism for. The debt did go up during his tenure. But it was still well below hundred percent of GDP when he left office and due to the collapses of the Soviet Union, the result for us is we got what  was called a “peace dividend” as a result. Trump entered office with a debt to gdp ratio of over 100%, went up higher when he left office, and what do we have the show for it besides Democrat/leftwing  dominance?  In the case of Reagan, there was a right of center shift when he left office. His vice president won an election after in a landslide. There were articles at the time where writers lamented the possibility that we may never see a Democrat in the White House again.

When Reagan entered office, the economy was crap. When he left office, the economy was booming. When Trump entered  office, he inherited a growing economy. Its growth was sluggish, but it was growing nonetheless. His last year in office the economy was marked by shutdowns and unemployment got as high as around 13 to 14%. In fact, he left office with the worst jobs record than Herbert Hoover.

Although, Jimmy Carter to his credit, did originally appoint Paul Vokler(sp) to the Federal Reserve, Reagan kept him on and even gave the OK for Vokler to put the country in a recession in order to reign  in inflation in the early 1980’s. It was very unpopular at the time and it was a big risk to Reagan’s presidency . But it worked. Reagan ended up being a shoe in by 1984. Trump, on the other hand, had a hand in bringing on the inflation we’re experiencing today. His supporters laugh at that claim, but I have yet to see them give an explanation of how printing trillions of dollars worth of unbacked currency and releasing it into the economy has no negative effects.

Reagan did sign onto an amnesty for illegal immigrants, which was a huge mistake. He believed he would get more border security in exchange, but he made the mistake in trusting Democrats.  You don’t reward people who violate our border laws under any circumstances. Because when Reagan did that, people came over the border in droves

And the arms for hostages deal was a really stupid idea

Sending Marines into Lebanon as peacekeepers in 1983, were many of them died from a suicide bomber, was a major mistake on his part. Reagan admitted that. Reagan admitted sometime during the 1990s that he entered office with the lack of true understanding of Middle East politics.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 12:32:52 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #685 on: March 27, 2024, 02:09:27 pm »
 :
****slapping  11513 *look* :#@$%: :banghead: 22222frying pan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVAvMIhvqfk

:laughingdog: :laughingdog: :laughingdog:

For somebody who complains about this thread going on and on, you sure  frequent it.

A political thread  discussing political issues… imagine that

I actually enjoy reading the different viewpoints and back and forth as long as people can back  up their points

Sure, some of the points get repeated over and over again, but new points do get added
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 02:18:55 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #686 on: March 27, 2024, 02:19:11 pm »

For somebody who complains about this thread going on and on, you sure  frequent it.

I'm pleased how the thread has progressed.  115 votes in, and a pretty decent sample size, it has been a good barometer of how weak conservative supprt is for DJT.   If you extrapolate the data of what I feel are conservative GOP voters, 78% are disatisified with him.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #687 on: March 27, 2024, 02:23:57 pm »
The way I see it, if DeSantis wasn't doing such a good job as a conservative Governor in Florida, Trump would not have done his usual preemptive strike and gone all nuclear on the man with his usual ridicule tactics before DeSantis even declared candidacy.

Before anyone really knew who DeSantis is, they followed Trump's pep-rally style attack and turned into a jungle full of parrots.

Sorry, but that bullshit doesn't impress me, at least not in a good way. People who don't have material reasons to attack get personal and sophomoric in an effort to retain popularity. That's High School level shit, maybe Junior High.

I had Ted Cruz flashbacks, and I saw Trump unnecessarily making an enemy instead of an ally who could have been a damn good VP, learned the ropes and been the candidate in 2028. To me, attacking people who don't need attacking is bleep stupidity and not even good politics. It's shitting on the guy who could be next, just to somehow grab the spotlight today. I think they call that narcissism, but whatever you call it, it hurts us all in the long run.

Exactly.  Trump's attacks on conservatives hurts us ALL in the long run.  He doesn't care. He cares about himself and his wallet.  Cruz would have made an excellent AG and cleaned house. DeSantis would have made an excellent president with youth being on his side as well.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #688 on: March 27, 2024, 02:27:02 pm »
Just think how well Trump would have done, if had leveled the same volume of vitriol at the dims, as his primary  opponents in '16 and '24.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #689 on: March 27, 2024, 02:55:37 pm »
Exactly.  Trump's attacks on conservatives hurts us ALL in the long run.  He doesn't care. He cares about himself and his wallet.  Cruz would have made an excellent AG and cleaned house. DeSantis would have made an excellent president with youth being on his side as well.

LOL! 

"Lies...Damned Lies...and Statistics"!     :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #690 on: March 27, 2024, 03:01:11 pm »
LOL! 

"Lies...Damned Lies...and Statistics"!     :beer:

@DCPatriot
Noticed you haven't commented on the "commemorative bibles".  Could you explain how that enamors himself with his "very religious" faction and core of his base?

Just who advises him on these matters?

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #691 on: March 27, 2024, 03:01:13 pm »
Hmmm... I have this can of gasoline...what to do with it.

TRUMP-GABBARD 2024!!   :bolt:

:silly:

How anybody could suggest she is a "Trojan Horse" after viewing her interview by Tucker Carlson is beyond me.

Remember...Hillary called her a Russian Asset!!  Right there should have gotten everybody's attention.

I would sleep like a baby knowing she was a heartbeat away from the presidency...unlike with Hillary where I would  be hiding under the bed.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #692 on: March 27, 2024, 03:02:57 pm »
Hmmm... I have this can of gasoline...what to do with it.

TRUMP-GABBARD 2024!!   :bolt:

:silly:

How anybody could suggest she is a "Trojan Horse" after viewing her interview by Tucker Carlson is beyond me.

Remember...Hillary called her a Russian Asset!!  Right there should have gotten everybody's attention.

I would sleep like a baby knowing she was a heartbeat away from the presidency...unlike with Hillary where I would  be hiding under the bed.

lol... like her voting record as a liberal congresswoman from HI?  Do you need links?

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #693 on: March 27, 2024, 03:04:45 pm »

@DCPatriot
Noticed you haven't commented on the "commemorative bibles".  Could you explain how that enamors himself with his "very religious" faction and core of his base?

Just who advises him on these matters?

The Religious Right isn't a powerful 'base' anymore.  WTF are they going to go??  The @roamer_1 'route' and abstain??

We're in a terrible place right now because of the Religious Right as evidenced by the repeal of Roe-v. Wade.

All the work/effort to win hearts and you alienate half the voting bloc in the Republic. (because of information dominance of the Left)

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #694 on: March 27, 2024, 03:07:10 pm »
lol... like her voting record as a liberal congresswoman from HI?  Do you need links?

@catfish1957

So, IOW...you think in the first 5 minutes of her interview where she lays out the reasons the Democrat Party has lost their mind...she was deceitful/lying??

Is THAT what you're selling us??   happy77

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #695 on: March 27, 2024, 03:08:55 pm »
Just think how well Trump would have done, if had leveled the same volume of vitriol at the dims, as his primary  opponents in '16 and '24.

Uhh...he whipped Countess Dracula in '16....and I'm sure you meant '20 and not '24.   888high58888

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #696 on: March 27, 2024, 03:11:03 pm »
@catfish1957

So, IOW...you think in the first 5 minutes of her interview where she lays out the reasons the Democrat Party has lost their mind...she was deceitful/lying??

Is THAT what you're selling us??   happy77

I am selling that she has a very recent history of far left views and a far left voting record.  She's talking a nice populist message right now, but she stil hasn't repudiated any of her ultra-left positions.  And until then.....  she's just another liberal, who hasn't lost their minds as much as others.  Kind of like Bill Maher.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #697 on: March 27, 2024, 03:12:43 pm »
Uhh...he whipped Countess Dracula in '16....and I'm sure you meant '20 and not '24.   888high58888

He only had major primary opponents in '16 and '24.  He pretty much ran unopposed in '20.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #698 on: March 27, 2024, 03:16:53 pm »
He only had major primary opponents in '16 and '24.  He pretty much ran unopposed in '20.

I apologize my FRiend....thought you were speaking about the General and not the Primaries.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #699 on: March 27, 2024, 03:20:07 pm »
:

I actually enjoy reading the different viewpoints and back and forth as long as people can back  up their points

Sure, some of the points get repeated over and over again, but new points do get added

@LMAO

One can't miss all those times when the last 20 posts are populated nearly 100% with this thread. Also, I'm constantly beckoned here when I check for new posts on the threads where I've posted. This thread is so in-your-face, it's hard to ignore.

It's good that you're enjoying the thread. My enjoyment is to jump in and poke a little fun at the circular discussion that's taking place. Surely you don't begrudge me that! :tongue2:

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.