Democrat alternative to Joe if he bows out by end of convention
3 (2.6%)
3rd Party, including RFK, Jr.
10 (8.6%)
I'll probably be too stoned to vote
13 (11.2%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Voting closed: April 08, 2024, 02:03:54 pm

Author Topic: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out  (Read 53263 times)

Online Lando Lincoln

Re: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out
« Reply #400 on: March 23, 2024, 10:44:28 pm »
Does anyone find it at least a bit curious that 4 members replied to this poll by saying they will vote Biden?  Would they reveal themselves it could be an interesting conversation.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #401 on: March 23, 2024, 10:44:34 pm »
Who here is “whacking” you?

We’re in the midst of a presidential campaign were the stakes have never been higher. And not just the fiscal and economic end but also the cultural. I never thought I would ever see the day in this country we are  actually debating that a man can menstruate and become pregnant and that kids as young as elementary school age should be sexualized. Chris Hansen owes a lot of predators an apology.

It is entirely fair and proper to look at both candidates records and proposals, and evaluate them not on the intentions,  but on the results and potential consequences. Naturally, it is expected that it’s going to get heated as there are differences even amongst conservatives on what path to take.

You are correct that some of the points do tend to  get repeated. But I guess that’s the nature of a political forum.

@LMAO

I guess that's right if you allow it to be the nature. There's another board where I post. It's not even 1/4 as contentious. We do take time out to have some fun with palate cleansing threads that mean nothing in the political/cultural world. Just a way to blow off steam and not allow resentments to build up. Also, many of us have been together for several years, so there's a sense of camaraderie on the board that helps us keep things in perspective. And one more thing on the plus side -- most of the participants are people of strong faith.

Having been part of boards that were fraught with incessant flame wars, I'm just too old to fall into that again. I don't have the energy for it. And even if I did, I can't do it because it just goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and...  :thud:

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #402 on: March 23, 2024, 10:47:01 pm »
Does anyone find it at least a bit curious that 4 members replied to this poll by saying they will vote Biden?  Would they reveal themselves it could be an interesting conversation.

@Lando Lincoln

I think someone said that the voting was open to guests, so it could be leftist lurkers who voted for him.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #403 on: March 23, 2024, 10:47:59 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ

By the way, have I told you I like your screen name? How did you come up with it? Jazz fan?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online libertybele

« Reply #404 on: March 23, 2024, 11:08:53 pm »
All this talk of NT's, MAGA's, populists, etc. ... and this forum being boring ... please....

At the end of the day, we as anti-liberals, anti-Biden voters, we ALL as Briefers have the same agenda in mind -- kicking as many liberals out of the WH as possible.

The problem remains how to do that.  We have choices; vote Trump, vote Biden, vote 3rd party or vote down ballot.

Whatever the decision, everyone needs to vote their conscience. 

We as a country may not survive this election -- I just wish we could have all come together when Brandon first took office and figured out how to proceed forward. Then was the time to come together.  Debating is one thing, but point fingers, calling names, and getting down on one another accomplishes nothing but continues to divide us!

Things have gone from really bad when Cruz was Trump's conservative sacrificial lamb, to DeSantis being Trump's conservative sacrificial lamb to Trump himself being the sacrificial lamb of those who don't walk-step with Biden.  He's been chewed up and spit out and he's still hanging on.  They want him gone and they want him gone BIGLY.  Why?  Because they know given the knowledge that he obtained during his presidency and the support that he continues to have, and the DEMS crushing this country, IF he miraculously is seated, he's going to chew up a few liberals and spit them out.

I am confident that given another 4 years under DEM rule we will NOT have a Republic left .... then as I stated before, I'm not so sure we're going to make it till November.

Am I endorsing Trump?  Am I going to vote for him?  Right now, a lot of things can happen.  One thing I do know for certain is that I will vote my conscience period.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #405 on: March 23, 2024, 11:18:24 pm »
I've been in this position before. Only then I was getting whacked to death by Trumpers. Then I got the ZOT. How ironic that I'm getting whacked to death by NTs! I'm amused at life's little ironies!

Who is whacking you, @AllThatJazzZ ?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #406 on: March 24, 2024, 01:57:44 am »
Conservatives DO fight. Conservatives DO change hearts and minds.

Conservatives lecture --- in the most off-putting ways possible.

Pro-tip:  People ignore the books you insist they read to fully understand the complexities of conservative philosophy they intrinsically know and call common sense ----- and turn away from conservatives as they do any blowhard.  You win no heart, no mind, no vote.

Unfortunately, so do idiot populists chasing after shiny shit. This has always been the case. Pinocchio is a good example from before this era.

MAGA supporters are fighting for freedom, limited government influence, the rule of law as enshrined in the US Constitution, the American legacy and inheritance, the inalienable right to live a life surrounded by God, country and family without intrusion by overlords ----- and you call this "shiny shit".

The Founding Fathers and original Minutemen are a good examples from before this era ----- MAGA is from their political bloodline.  These are the people you call "idiots".

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #407 on: March 24, 2024, 02:03:42 am »
That is a very bright spot - and light once uncovered, springs to every corner in the room. I too take great solace from this action, which seems to have sprung from the very bosom of liberty, and that without a sponsor. THAT is liberty fighting back. Natively.
The advantage lies in its organic nature, not some construct that someone can claim to be 'the leader' of, start collecting donations and put up a website. Not only that, but it doesn't cost anything to join the movement. It is a rallying point where all can quietly make their protest known without standing in line or the rain and without worrying about being jostled into a felony or an overzealous cop. Everyone can do it, and there is no one for the counterprotestors to attack.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #408 on: March 24, 2024, 02:04:59 am »
@libertybele

Problem I see is that it's like planting your corn crop in October...complete failure and waste.

There's no time left for growing things.  Only way to succeed is thru the point of a gun and like I stated earlier upthread...technology forbids its success. 

Groups like the ones meeting at John Adams' Tavern would have to leave their cell phones at home with the batteries displaced.  Even doing that is no guarantee today.
Get a .30 caliber ammo can and put it in that. It just goes dark on the network.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #409 on: March 24, 2024, 02:05:07 am »
Conservatives lecture --- in the most off-putting ways possible.

Pro-tip:  People ignore the books you insist they read to fully understand the complexities of conservative philosophy they intrinsically know and call common sense ----- and turn away from conservatives as they do any blowhard.  You win no heart, no mind, no vote.

Then remain ignorant - especially of history, our greatest guide - and be on your way.

MAGA supporters are fighting for freedom, limited government influence, the rule of law as enshrined in the US Constitution, the American legacy and inheritance, the inalienable right to live a life surrounded by God, country and family without intrusion by overlords ----- and you call this "shiny shit".

The Founding Fathers and original Minutemen are a good examples from before this era ----- MAGA is from their political bloodline.  These are the people you call "idiots".

Yeah... No, you're not. Y'all chase after bumper stickers and stolen slogans.
Had you read the books I recommend, and had you a single thought  toward those who have gone before, you'd know that. But you spout platitudes in slogans and play smash with concepts that cannot go together - Like all mentioned above and big government.

Foremost in your error is that. You will fail, and usher in liberalism on the right in your ignorance.

Watch and see.
or go read some books.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #410 on: March 24, 2024, 02:14:10 am »
The advantage lies in its organic nature, not some construct that someone can claim to be 'the leader' of, start collecting donations and put up a website. Not only that, but it doesn't cost anything to join the movement. It is a rallying point where all can quietly make their protest known without standing in line or the rain and without worrying about being jostled into a felony or an overzealous cop. Everyone can do it, and there is no one for the counterprotestors to attack.

Yes, that's right. And that is why I found it so invigorating. Over beer, no less. Which is priceless.
But it was magic. All at once all these men, all over the country just stood up and hollered nuff. At the same time. Some single vibe went out and rung all their bells.

Now, I know that right-facing organizations glommed on later and tried to claim it, But that ain't true. That ain't how it started. Something just rung true and they all heard it.

That is worthy of study. I haven't seen the like since the TEA Party, which was kinda the same thing.

Online corbe

« Reply #411 on: March 24, 2024, 02:30:17 am »
@sneakypete

So happy to see you have joined the current conversation again.

Noticed that you were an island for the past two months....virtually the only one taking on the crazy NTs.

As @AllThatJazzZ recently suggested to @libertybele ... don't take the bait and return to the circular firing squad.

It's tired and it's boring as hell.

Nobody is going to persuade @roamer_1 that he's living in a fantasy today.  "Pragmatism" is a foreign language and concept to him.

The vast majority of Briefers who agree with you and me have been cowed into silence in their quest to avoid confrontations.

It nauseates me.  Ownership won't even acknowledge it in the name of "Free expression". 

The NT's are their pets now, because without THEM...this place is a funeral parlor.

Even PM'd me when they suspended @Right_in_Virginia begging me to contact her to return because the place became an anti-Trump echo chamber.  I did it gladly because...you don't treat a cornerstone of the forum like that just because of her political alignments.

How many times do they expect good people to "Turn the other cheek"?  Being called "liars"..."Paid consultants to sabotage the DeSantis campaign".

Even still we have a couple of the NT goobers blaming Pres. Trump for the current inflationary spending...derailing the thread so that it becomes "Orange Man Bad" again.

Don't fall for it, Sneaky.  Please?

THEY are the core here now.  They're Anarchists.

That is pure and unadulterated BS @DCPatriot

Yes, @sneakypete held his own as the Supreme Trumper here on TBR only because you got banned for 'Not being able to play well with others', calling other Briefers azzholes for instance  AND your sidekick RiV took weeks off a futile attempt to be noble.

The Integrity of TBR went UP in yall's absence as far as I am concerned.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

« Reply #412 on: March 24, 2024, 02:53:48 am »
   I observed @Right_in_Virginia It didn't take a Rocket Surgeon to figure this $hit out.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #413 on: March 24, 2024, 03:01:45 am »

Yes, @sneakypete held his own as the Supreme Trumper here on TBR only because you got banned for 'Not being able to play well with others', calling other Briefers azzholes for instance  AND your sidekick RiV took weeks off a futile attempt to be noble.

@corbe

Nobody here in the thread is talking about my week timeout on January 18th.  And that @Right_in_Virginia was absent during said time. 

We're talking about months ago, you asswipe.  Back away from your bong, why don't you?

You and I are done from this moment on.  Don't ever ping me again.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 03:05:59 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #414 on: March 24, 2024, 03:03:38 am »
Where did you hear this @corbe

He's making it up out of whole cloth.

Let's just ignore the stoner, okay?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #415 on: March 24, 2024, 03:07:08 am »
He's making it up out of whole cloth.

Let's just ignore the stoner, okay?

Works for me   000hehehehe

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #416 on: March 24, 2024, 03:58:03 am »
@AllThatJazzZ

By the way, have I told you I like your screen name? How did you come up with it? Jazz fan?

@LMAO

Thanks. I like it too. It's got nothing to do with music, actually. It has to do with my dogs I had when I joined TBR. Jazz and Zoey. 3333hugs 3333hugs I do like some jazz. The smooth, relaxing kind. 

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #417 on: March 24, 2024, 04:00:09 am »
Who is whacking you, @AllThatJazzZ ?

No, @Hoodat. Not opening that can of worms. And no, I didn't get my tomato plants out. Not growing anything but chives, rosemary and basil these days. Maybe some mint.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #418 on: March 24, 2024, 04:02:39 am »
Then remain ignorant - especially of history, our greatest guide - and be on your way.

As Ayn Rand once said:  'One can evade reality, but one cannot evade the consequences of evading reality'.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #419 on: March 24, 2024, 04:05:55 am »

.  .  .

You sure got that right, @corbe .

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #420 on: March 24, 2024, 04:15:12 am »
@DCPatriot

Well, THAT was a telling post! First, I had no idea @Right_in_Virginia was suspended. I don't know what the circumstances were, but it's troubling to learn that.

@AllThatJazzZ

"Troubling" isn't a strong enough word.

Let's try "outrageous" and "unacceptable",and I ,for one,would like to know the reason for it.

I agree that it's tired and boring. The INCESSANT carrying on, saying the same thing over and over and just putting the words in different order, jumping in with an incendiary remark when the temperature has cooled and the dialog has become less contentious -- I can't help but notice some serious addiction to controversy. And the need for the last word? Dude! Don't get me started.

I've been in this position before. Only then I was getting whacked to death by Trumpers. Then I got the ZOT. How ironic that I'm getting whacked to death by NTs! I'm amused at life's little ironies!

If that is true,how are you posting now?

But, yes, the unending griping, whining, accusing, name-calling, etc., tends to suck all the oxygen and the joy out of the room. I'm too old and life's too short to endure it. I enjoy a civil exchange of ideas. But I won't go back for more if it becomes abusive.

I agree with  you on that. I don't mind the name-calling as much as I mind the absolutely  mind-numbing brain-lock of some of those people who CLAIM to be adults. They need to WTFU and realize they are living in a real world,with real people who have real problems.

Frankly,I am getting so tired of arguing with minds locked away in fantasy worlds,but I am tempted to just give up because NONE of these people are going to EVER "look reality in the face" and realize that "quiting ain't winning,and they are quitters"

Sooo,bleep  them  one and all. I am pretty much done trying to reason with the unreasonable. Oh,I might read a world-class stoopid post by  one of them and respond with ridicule occasionally,but I am done trying to reason with them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #421 on: March 24, 2024, 04:17:14 am »
No, @Hoodat. Not opening that can of worms. And no, I didn't get my tomato plants out. Not growing anything but chives, rosemary and basil these days. Maybe some mint.
Well, there is still plenty of time. My tomatoes won't go in until late May (last frost is usually out to the second week of June, here).

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

« Reply #422 on: March 24, 2024, 04:17:29 am »
Nobody is going to persuade @roamer_1 that he's living in a fantasy today.  "Pragmatism" is a foreign language and concept to him.

Pragmatism?  Seriously?  You wouldn't know 'pragmatism' if it bit you on the ass.  @roamer_1 is probably the most pragmatic poster here.  No beating around the bush with him.  He is the polar opposite of you.  When it comes to problems, he provides a direct solution.  Contrast that against your approach to completely ignore (or excuse) anything that gets in the way of your hero worship.

Take the deficit for example.  Let's hear some of your wonderful 'pragmatism' on that.  What is your matter-of-fact solution to that?

Oh wait, you're already on record here defending Trump's $3 trillion deficits, lest making pragmatic budget decisions would hurt him in the polls.

Pragmatism?  From you?  Please.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #423 on: March 24, 2024, 04:28:24 am »
Pragmatism?  Seriously?  You wouldn't know 'pragmatism' if it bit you on the ass.  @roamer_1 is probably the most pragmatic poster here.  No beating around the bush with him.  He is the polar opposite of you.  When it comes to problems, he provides a direct solution.  Contrast that against your approach to completely ignore (or excuse) anything that gets in the way of your hero worship.

Take the deficit for example.  Let's hear some of your wonderful 'pragmatism' on that.  What is your matter-of-fact solution to that?

Oh wait, you're already on record here defending Trump's $3 trillion deficits, lest making pragmatic budget decisions would hurt him in the polls.

Pragmatism?  From you?  Please.

ROFL!

I'm pragmatic enough to know you ain't going to change anything without winning elections.

I'm pragmatic to understand that this coming Election is a binary choice between MAGA philosophy and outright American Communism.

If you're too stupid to accept that, then STFU and let the adults converse.

This thread took a dramatic turn once I entered it and pointed out your crew's insanity.  It's been growing pages by the hour since then...go back and look.

We engaged in polite, intelligent conversation...finally putting your deficit spending and Orange Man Bad bullshit gagged in the trunk where it belongs.

YOU'RE the one baiting us right now.  YOU, who can't even bring himself to vote for Donald Trump because "DC and RIV" sometimes get into "I'll rip your face off and show it to your" mode.

And then you have the nerve to brag to post your vindictive, cowardly reason for it.  TWICE!  (The internet is forever)

You should go back and play in the Ukraine War thread sandbox and leave us alone to enjoy one another's company for change.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #424 on: March 24, 2024, 04:29:02 am »
@sneakypete

If that is true,how are you posting now?

It wasn't TBR that ZOTTED me. It was TOS.

And while I've got your attention -- and maybe I'm the only one -- when you put your responses inside the quote you're responding to, it gets very confusing for me. At times I have a hard time differentiating between the original quote and your response. Any chance you'd entertain the thought of putting your response below the quoted text?