Democrat alternative to Joe if he bows out by end of convention
3 (2.6%)
3rd Party, including RFK, Jr.
10 (8.6%)
I'll probably be too stoned to vote
13 (11.2%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Voting closed: April 08, 2024, 02:03:54 pm

Author Topic: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out  (Read 53530 times)

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out
« Reply #375 on: March 23, 2024, 08:21:57 pm »
@Lando Lincoln

LOL!

Used to earn an average of $300K per annum at the turn of the century.

Today, I find myself avoiding the meat aisles even at COSTCO.

@DCPatriot

I understand!

My remark about hyperinflation was quasi-serious. The laws of economics are immutable. Once the burden of debt becomes unbearable, something must give. But don’t worry, the Elites will be okay.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #376 on: March 23, 2024, 08:51:47 pm »

Biden has his own problems also with his base and it’s over Israel versus Hamas

But it’s about the issues. Some  of Trump supporters have created a fantasy about things like “he cares about how he looks in the history books,” which they never really defined what that means, except a lot of vague concepts, like “taking on the left”  but it’s ultimately the policy positions and the record that gives an insight of how they would and have govern, and that has  the greatest impact.

@LMAO

You are more full of Biden than a Christmas Turkey.

Then again,you may be right because we ALL know what a modest fellow Trump is. Chances are he cares nothing for how he goes down in history,right?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #377 on: March 23, 2024, 08:58:49 pm »
We will continue to gather but NEVER will we utter a word that might endanger our 501c3 status!

I don't pay much mind to any church holding a 501c3 status. Jussayin.  :beer:

Online LMAO

« Reply #378 on: March 23, 2024, 09:04:21 pm »
@LMAO

You are more full of Biden than a Christmas Turkey.

Then again,you may be right because we ALL know what a modest fellow Trump is. Chances are he cares nothing for how he goes down in history,right?

It’s phrases oft repeated by you(cares how he goes down in the history books, will take on the left, ect)

Yet never really defined what that means
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 09:05:55 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #379 on: March 23, 2024, 09:07:15 pm »
@Hoodat

Thanks for the memories.

Vividly recall posting back then--a prediction...that Conservatives would become "The New German Jew".

@DCPatriot

HA! You should try stacking 'redneck' on top of that. Been that way and more my whole life long. On the outside the whole time. Other folks might say 'On the outside, looking in', but I ain't 'lookin in'. I don't give a single sh*t for whatever's 'in'.

Then I seek refuge on the political forum and what do I see? 

ORANGE MAN BAD!!!  day in and day out.

And in the back of my mind, I 'see' and hear James Cagney..."Where's Your Moses, Now??"

:thud:

You need to align way further Right... Tumpy is a liberal, with NYC values. Fighting for liberal causes. He may seem a fighter to you, he may even seem conservative to you, but his alignment is somewhere close to Romney. Romney is from the liberal wing of the Republican party.

So no wonder. Tumpy ain't the Conservative 'Moses'.
Cruz could have been.
DeSantis could have been.

spilt milk.

Online LMAO

« Reply #380 on: March 23, 2024, 09:07:47 pm »
We will continue to gather but NEVER will we utter a word that might endanger our 501c3 status!

A good argument for a different type of taxing policy
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #381 on: March 23, 2024, 09:09:14 pm »
@roamer_1 @Lando Lincoln @Hoodat @LMAO

Still more of this!

"There are thousands hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root."

@Bigun

Give me someone striking at the root, and I will vote for him!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #382 on: March 23, 2024, 09:10:48 pm »
@sneakypete

Except when both candidates are from the left - Then there is no point. Six of one, half dozen of the other.
@catfish1957 's point is well taken.

@roamer_1

WHEN did that happen,Bubba?

Trump isn't a leftist,and you are the only  one I know of ignorant enough to call him one.

Hell,if Reagan were re-incarnated and allowed to run again,you  could probably  call HIM a leftist because you  want the whole freaking world to run like YOU think it should run.

Guess what?

It just don't work that way. On ANY subject. Not even organized religion. After all,look  at how many of them there are,and some are always fighting each other "For the Glory of Gawd!"

You ain't the only fish in the ocean,and in a FREE Society,people ARE allowed to think freely.

Even when  they are off by 180 degrees,like you.

Online LMAO

« Reply #383 on: March 23, 2024, 09:15:32 pm »
I wouldn’t say that Donald Trump is a leftist like one of the squad members

He’s a populist. And because he isn’t tied to any particular ideology, he’s easily swayed depending on who charms him the most, and who is willing to donate more to his campaign

We’ve seen examples of both

I have no personal animosity towards Donald Trump. And I hope that he’s ultimately successful in his lawsuits.  But that has nothing to do with the shape we find our country in or the future
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 09:17:26 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #384 on: March 23, 2024, 09:17:21 pm »
@roamer_1

Trump isn't a leftist,and you are the only  one I know of ignorant enough to call him one.

@sneakypete

Yes he is. As enumerated over and over hereon.

Hell,if Reagan were re-incarnated and allowed to run again,you  could probably  call HIM a leftist because you  want the whole freaking world to run like YOU think it should run.

NOPE. Tumpy ain't a pimple on Reagan's ass. And Reagan is so far to the right compared to today as to be right off the map.

I call Tumpy a leftist because of his record, which is undeniable. He is to the left in policy. He is to the left in supporting big government, he is to the left morally. He is left aligned.

Guess what?

It just don't work that way. On ANY subject. Not even organized religion. After all,look  at how many of them there are,and some are always fighting each other "For the Glory of Gawd!"

You ain't the only fish in the ocean,and in a FREE Society,people ARE allowed to think freely.

Suits me fine. You go your way. I don't give a crap. Knock yourself out.
But I will not go with you.

Online LMAO

« Reply #385 on: March 23, 2024, 09:19:36 pm »

Just waking up from a 2 hour nap

If I took a two hour nap, I would wake up groggy as hell

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #386 on: March 23, 2024, 09:22:35 pm »
I wouldn’t say that Donald Trump is a leftist like one of the squad members

Neither would I. He's aligned more with Romney.

He’s a populist. And because he isn’t tied to any particular ideology, he’s easily swayed depending on who charms him the most, and who is willing to donate more to his campaign

That's almost right. True within the sphere of the NYC values, native to his person.

We’ve seen examples of both

That's right.

I have no personal animosity towards Donald Trump. And I hope that he’s ultimately successful in his lawsuits.  But that has nothing to do with the shape we find our country in or the future

Me neither, me too... And that's right.
The minute he drops off the political map, I won't pay any mind to him at all. He'll go right off my radar... Kinda like all the rest of the popular kids over in Hollywood.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #387 on: March 23, 2024, 09:36:49 pm »
It’s phrases oft repeated by you(cares how he goes down in the history books, will take on the left, ect)

Yet never really defined what that means

@LMAO

What BS! The typical 10th grader knows what it implies.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #388 on: March 23, 2024, 09:37:00 pm »
@roamer_1

Guess what?

@sneakypete

So happy to see you have joined the current conversation again.

Noticed that you were an island for the past two months....virtually the only one taking on the crazy NTs.

As @AllThatJazzZ recently suggested to @libertybele ... don't take the bait and return to the circular firing squad.

It's tired and it's boring as hell.

Nobody is going to persuade @roamer_1 that he's living in a fantasy today.  "Pragmatism" is a foreign language and concept to him.

The vast majority of Briefers who agree with you and me have been cowed into silence in their quest to avoid confrontations.

It nauseates me.  Ownership won't even acknowledge it in the name of "Free expression". 

The NT's are their pets now, because without THEM...this place is a funeral parlor.

Even PM'd me when they suspended @Right_in_Virginia begging me to contact her to return because the place became an anti-Trump echo chamber.  I did it gladly because...you don't treat a cornerstone of the forum like that just because of her political alignments.

How many times do they expect good people to "Turn the other cheek"?  Being called "liars"..."Paid consultants to sabotage the DeSantis campaign".

Even still we have a couple of the NT goobers blaming Pres. Trump for the current inflationary spending...derailing the thread so that it becomes "Orange Man Bad" again.

Don't fall for it, Sneaky.  Please?

THEY are the core here now.  They're Anarchists.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #389 on: March 23, 2024, 09:38:11 pm »
If I took a two hour nap, I would wake up groggy as hell

LOL!  I'm at the stage in my life where I can't sleep at night and can't stay awake during the day.   :beer:
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 09:43:17 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #390 on: March 23, 2024, 09:39:42 pm »
@sneakypete

Yes he is. As enumerated over and over hereon.

@roamer_1

Ahh,the old "Stalin Ploy"! Tell a lie often enough,and it becomes the truth".

Coming out of the closet,Comrade?

Online LMAO

« Reply #391 on: March 23, 2024, 09:48:14 pm »
@LMAO

What BS! The typical 10th grader knows what it implies.

Pretend I’m the typical ninth grader

What does any of that mean? It seems like the MAGA crowd here only wants to hear the positive of Donald Trump’s record and his proposals, and become very defensive when his record and  proposals are critiqued

Donald Trump signed on to spending bills that added $8 trillion to the debt. That’s not a personal attack. That is a fact back by data. Now he wants even more if he’s elected. That is a fact. We are reaping the “rewards” of that mindset

Donald Trump fought congressional Republicans who wanted to reduce the amount of Covid spending and sided with Democrats. That is backed by data and fact.  And I know some don’t like to hear it, but printing trillions of dollars laid the groundwork for inflation. The reason why it stayed low during that time in 2020 is because the economy was shut down. Trump, like Sanders and AOC, are believers of the modern monetary theory. But it never works in real life.

Donald Trump appointed people like Christopher Wray and General Miley. That is factual

Donald Trump said that if he’s reelected president that he would pressure the federal reserve or appoint somebody to the federal reserve that would reduce interest rates. In an inflationary economy, that would greatly harm savers. That is backed up by his own words.

He implemented tariffs the first time as president that caused harm to the economy. Now he wants even more. That will cause further harm to American consumers who are already struggling to pay for things. That is a fact.

While running for president, Donald Trump said that we would never default because we could just print all the money you need to pay creditors. That is backed up with his own words.

Pretty much every “attack” on Donald Trump I have seen here has been based on his record and his proposal he’s making now. Some just don’t like that. Too bad… So sad. 

Now let’s look at the social issues. It isn’t clear with Donald Trump’s position is on abortion. Claiming he’s gonna make a deal at both sides would like is not a position. It’s a dodge

If one looks up thread, there was an article someone posted of where he is alluding to the fact that he’s gonna fight for “gay rights.” What does that even mean?

He sided with Disney over conservatives. He sided with Bud Light just because he got some campaign cash. He flipped his position on TikTok because… Donations. What other things is he going to change his position on if the price is right? It is a fair question.

He is far better on the border than Biden. I will give him that. But he deported less people than Barack Obama.

Now it’s your turn. @sneakypete

I’ve outlined my issues I have with Donald Trump, and none of them are false. Put here, his proposals and parts of his record that you think are going to save the country without mentioning Biden or vague phrases like “he’ll take on the left”

Ping me with your reply as I am sincerely interested

« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 12:36:38 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #392 on: March 23, 2024, 09:49:55 pm »
Nobody is going to persuade @roamer_1 that he's living in a fantasy today.  "Pragmatism" is a foreign language and concept to him.

That's because there is nothing pragmatic about it, @DCPatriot
It's populist, not pragmatist.
And I have been fighting against it my whole life.
So you're right in that.

The vast majority of Briefers who agree with you and me have been cowed into silence in their quest to avoid confrontations.

Then have em speak up. Seems to me there's a choir of three. The rest seem, according to the polls at least, to be hold-my-nosers.

It nauseates me.  Ownership won't even acknowledge it in the name of "Free expression". 

The NT's are their pets now, because without THEM...this place is a funeral parlor.

Even PM'd me when they suspended @Right_in_Virginia begging me to contact her to return because the place became an anti-Trump echo chamber.  I did it gladly because...you don't treat a cornerstone of the forum like that just because of her political alignments.

Yet you bark at em for not wrecking 'me and my crew'.  *****rollingeyes*****
Right out of your own mouth, they are trying to keep the place open and  not have it go any one direction...

Hypocrisy much?

Even still we have a couple of the NT goobers blaming Pres. Trump for the current inflationary spending...

Only because it's true. Math don't lie.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Anarchist now? Define that. If you can.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #393 on: March 23, 2024, 09:55:20 pm »
@roamer_1

Ahh,the old "Stalin Ploy"! Tell a lie often enough,and it becomes the truth".

Coming out of the closet,Comrade?

@sneakypete
It ain't a lie.
Documented over and over and over and over.

He's Pro-woke. Going after LGBTQWERTY vote. Wrong side of Bud Light. Wrong side of Disney.
He's big government - Government went further LEFT under his watch. Historic spending.
NYC values.

Don't care who you are, that's LEFT.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #394 on: March 23, 2024, 10:00:32 pm »
@sneakypete
It ain't a lie.
Documented over and over and over and over.

He's Pro-woke. Going after LGBTQWERTY vote. Wrong side of Bud Light. Wrong side of Disney.
He's big government - Government went further LEFT under his watch. Historic spending.
NYC values.

Don't care who you are, that's LEFT.

ROFL!  That's idiocy.

Trump represents MAGA.  The Democrats represent Communism and Totalitarianism.

Ergo....give me the Populist today.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #395 on: March 23, 2024, 10:04:57 pm »
ROFL!  That's idiocy.

Trump represents MAGA.  The Democrats represent Communism and Totalitarianism.

Ergo....give me the Populist today.

@DCPatriot

Three words:

Federal effin cities.

End of story.

Same damn thing. That's LEFT.
That's socialist.
That's unconstitutional.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #396 on: March 23, 2024, 10:06:49 pm »
Trump represents MAGA.

And btw: REAGAN is MAGA, not Tumpy.
Stolen slogans don't make it so.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #397 on: March 23, 2024, 10:11:57 pm »
@sneakypete

So happy to see you have joined the current conversation again.

Noticed that you were an island for the past two months....virtually the only one taking on the crazy NTs.

As @AllThatJazzZ recently suggested to @libertybele ... don't take the bait and return to the circular firing squad.

It's tired and it's boring as hell.

How many times do they expect good people to "Turn the other cheek"?  Being called "liars"..."Paid consultants to sabotage the DeSantis campaign".

Even still we have a couple of the NT goobers blaming Pres. Trump for the current inflationary spending...derailing the thread so that it becomes "Orange Man Bad" again.

Don't fall for it, Sneaky.  Please?

@DCPatriot

Well, THAT was a telling post! First, I had no idea @Right_in_Virginia was suspended. I don't know what the circumstances were, but it's troubling to learn that.

I agree that it's tired and boring. The INCESSANT carrying on, saying the same thing over and over and just putting the words in different order, jumping in with an incendiary remark when the temperature has cooled and the dialog has become less contentious -- I can't help but notice some serious addiction to controversy. And the need for the last word? Dude! Don't get me started.

I've been in this position before. Only then I was getting whacked to death by Trumpers. Then I got the ZOT. How ironic that I'm getting whacked to death by NTs! I'm amused at life's little ironies!

But, yes, the unending griping, whining, accusing, name-calling, etc., tends to suck all the oxygen and the joy out of the room. I'm too old and life's too short to endure it. I enjoy a civil exchange of ideas. But I won't go back for more if it becomes abusive.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #398 on: March 23, 2024, 10:17:17 pm »
Pretend I’m the typical ninth grader

What does any of that mean? It seems like the MAGA crowd here only wants to hear the positive of Donald Trump’s record and his proposals, and become very defensive when his record and  proposals are critiqued

Donald Trump signed on to spending bills that added $8 trillion to the debt. That’s not a personal attack. That is a fact back by data. Now he wants even more if he’s elected. That is a fact. We are reaping the “rewards” of that mindset

Donald Trump fought congressional Republicans who wanted to reduce the amount of Covid spending and sided with Democrats. That is backed by data and fact.  And I know some don’t like to hear it, but printing trillions of dollars laid the groundwork for inflation. The reason why it stayed low during that time in 2020 is because the economy was shut down.

Donald Trump appointed people like Christopher Wray and General Miley. That is factual

Donald Trump said that if he’s reelected president that he would pressure the federal reserve or appoint somebody to the federal reserve that would reduce interest rates. In an inflationary economy, that would greatly harm savers. That is backed up by his own words.

He implemented tariffs the first time as president that caused harm to the economy. Now he wants even more. That will cause further harm to American consumers who are already struggling to pay for things. That is a fact.

While running for president, Donald Trump said that we would never default because we could just print all the money you need to pay creditors. That is backed up with his own words.

Pretty much every “attack” on Donald Trump I have seen here has been based on his record and his proposal he’s making now. Some just don’t like that. Too bad… So sad. 

Now let’s look at the social issues. It isn’t clear with Donald Trump’s position is on abortion. Claiming he’s gonna make a deal at both sides would like is not a position. It’s a dodge

If one looks up thread, there was an article someone posted of where he is alluding to the fact that he’s gonna fight for “gay rights.” What does that even mean?

He sided with Disney over conservatives. He sided with Bud Light just because he got some campaign cash. He flipped his position on TikTok because… Donations. What other things is he going to change his position on if the price is right? It is a fair question.

He is far better on the border than Biden. I will give him that. But he deported less people than Barack Obama.

Now it’s your turn. @sneakypete

I’ve outlined my issues I have with Donald Trump, and none of them are false. Put here, his proposals and parts of his record that you think are going to save the country without mentioning Biden or vague phrases like “he’ll take on the left”

Ping me with your reply as I am sincerely interested

Posted for emphasis. All of it true.
I would like to see it rebutted.

But don't hold your breath.

Online LMAO

« Reply #399 on: March 23, 2024, 10:25:02 pm »
Then I got the ZOT. How ironic that I'm getting whacked to death by NTs! I'm amused at life's little ironies!

Who here is “whacking” you?

We’re in the midst of a presidential campaign were the stakes have never been higher. And not just the fiscal and economic end but also the cultural. I never thought I would ever see the day in this country we are  actually debating that a man can menstruate and become pregnant and that kids as young as elementary school age should be sexualized. Chris Hansen owes a lot of predators an apology.

It is entirely fair and proper to look at both candidates records and proposals, and evaluate them not on the intentions,  but on the results and potential consequences. Naturally, it is expected that it’s going to get heated as there are differences even amongst conservatives on what path to take.

You are correct that some of the points do tend to  get repeated. But I guess that’s the nature of a political forum.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 10:26:04 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater