Democrat alternative to Joe if he bows out by end of convention
3 (2.6%)
3rd Party, including RFK, Jr.
10 (8.6%)
I'll probably be too stoned to vote
13 (11.2%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Voting closed: April 08, 2024, 02:03:54 pm

Author Topic: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out  (Read 53273 times)

Online libertybele

Re: Pulse of Briefers- Election Sentiment 8 Months Out
« Reply #175 on: March 21, 2024, 10:06:09 pm »

And yet they (Trumpers) want to come here to TBR and spread their $hit, thinking we are as unprincipled and stupid as their brethren wallowing away in their echo chambers.

Screw Trump and the Trumpers he rode in on!

So let them try to stir $shit.  Stick to what you believe in and vote your conscience.

At the end of the day, if we all can't stick to what we believe in, we lose. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #176 on: March 21, 2024, 10:15:30 pm »
Baloney....  I guess you didn't see the results Tuesday night, where 20-25% of all GOP primary voters voted for "other, or other candidates".  This a whole week after DJT sewed up the nomination.  Think about it.....those are 25% who went out of their way to express disatisfaction with Trump, the candiate.

Please, post a link to this @catfish1957

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline WhatWouldReaganDo

« Reply #178 on: March 21, 2024, 10:17:56 pm »
Giant Douche vs Turd Sandwich

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svX9YpzqCWA

JUST SAY NO

Down the centuries, you have slurred the meaning of the words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution". These words and the words that follow, were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing! - James Tiberius Kirk

Online corbe

« Reply #179 on: March 21, 2024, 10:19:36 pm »
   Why should he @Right_in_Virginia when you are known for your sniping conduct here and not answering even the most BASIC questions.

By the way welcome back to you and your compatriot @DCPatriot
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online roamer_1

« Reply #181 on: March 21, 2024, 10:34:54 pm »
   By the way welcome back to you and your compatriot @DCPatriot

At the same time... within hours...  :whistle:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #183 on: March 21, 2024, 10:36:12 pm »
Waidaminnit.... THIS is 'trying in a mature way', @DCPatriot ?

:silly: :silly: :silly:

And btw... If my friend @Smokin Joe was gone a while and suddenly showed up, The very same 'Well lookey what the cat dragged in' would be used - In fact I dare say that has happened before.

So your whining and crying and throwing dirt in the air is all on you. There is no insult in it.
That's a pretty common greeting amongst friends who haven't seen each other in a spell in this neck of the woods.

I'm not sure I get the kerfuffle.

@roamer_1 You weren't typing in a nasty tone of voice, were you?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #184 on: March 21, 2024, 10:36:57 pm »
At the same time... within hours...  :whistle:

Naw, @Right_in_Virginia has been posting for days....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #185 on: March 21, 2024, 10:42:52 pm »
That's a pretty common greeting amongst friends who haven't seen each other in a spell in this neck of the woods.

I'm not sure I get the kerfuffle.

@roamer_1 You weren't typing in a nasty tone of voice, were you?

No... No more than usual... But I farted while I was typing. I don't think that counts.  :shrug:

Online libertybele

« Reply #186 on: March 21, 2024, 10:43:28 pm »
Baloney....  I guess you didn't see the results Tuesday night, where 20-25% of all GOP primary voters voted for "other, or other candidates".  This a whole week after DJT sewed up the nomination.  Think about it.....those are 25% who went out of their way to express disatisfaction with Trump, the candiate.

So don't gaslight us thinking we are outliers.  DJT might win, but don't be angry when the conservative GOTV results are underwhelming.  Ridicule?  Check a mirror.

But if they are DEMS voting in an open primary -- they could sway those numbers.  IMHO you would think by now that red states would come around to becoming closed primary states.  :shrug:

Are we to believe that 25% view their lives better under Brandon than Trump??  I don't know of any 3rd party candidate that has been able to get onto the ballot yet in all 50 states, including RFK Jr.  Would voting 3rd party help Brandon or Trump???  I don't even know how to begin making that determination.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #187 on: March 21, 2024, 10:43:40 pm »
Naw, @Right_in_Virginia has been posting for days....

Then I stand corrected, I hadn't seen her at all till she addressed me.

@Right_in_Virginia

Online roamer_1

Online libertybele

« Reply #189 on: March 21, 2024, 10:44:54 pm »
No... No more than usual... But I farted while I was typing. I don't think that counts.  :shrug:

Now you warn us.   :laugh:   

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #190 on: March 21, 2024, 10:47:39 pm »
Dunno...How much bandwidth you got?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #191 on: March 21, 2024, 10:48:23 pm »
But if they are DEMS voting in an open primary -- they could sway those numbers.  IMHO you would think by now that red states would come around to becoming closed primary states.  :shrug:

Are we to believe that 25% view their lives better under Brandon than Trump??  I don't know of any 3rd party candidate that has been able to get onto the ballot yet in all 50 states, including RFK Jr.  Would voting 3rd party help Brandon or Trump???  I don't even know how to begin making that determination.

Not in the west. There is a libertarian bent in the west that is not present elsewhere. We don't like getting herded. Which is why we all have bouts when we get a little purplier, and why 3rd parties tend to do better...

And I doubt that red states have a big enough blue population to jigger the red vote by 20 points.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #192 on: March 21, 2024, 10:49:43 pm »
Dunno...How much bandwidth you got?

Ummm... When they were new, or stretched out like they are for all these years?

:silly:

Online libertybele

« Reply #193 on: March 21, 2024, 10:52:28 pm »
Not in the west. There is a libertarian bent in the west that is not present elsewhere. We don't like getting herded. Which is why we all have bouts when we get a little purplier, and why 3rd parties tend to do better...

And I doubt that red states have a big enough blue population to jigger the red vote by 20 points.

Because of the flight of people from blue states into red states, I'm not so sure how purple red states are going to become; primarily TX, AZ and FL.  Yes, I believe that liberals are stupid enough to move and still vote liberal.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #194 on: March 21, 2024, 10:55:11 pm »
Ummm... When they were new, or stretched out like they are for all these years?

:silly:
Don't try that in yoga pants...They'll hear the boom in Dillon--maybe think Yellowstone is going.
(I'm on the other side of the Divide, so it should be safe here...)

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #195 on: March 21, 2024, 10:55:50 pm »
Because of the flight of people from blue states into red states, I'm not so sure how purple red states are going to become; primarily TX, AZ and FL.  Yes, I believe that liberals are stupid enough to move and still vote liberal.

Me neither, and that's right... But hard to do/organize without comms, and there's enough right facing lurkers in liberal circles (social media and forums) that it is hard to believe that a major push (like, 20 points) wouldn't come to light. That's why I find it unlikely.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #196 on: March 21, 2024, 10:58:48 pm »
Don't try that in yoga pants...They'll hear the boom in Dillon--maybe think Yellowstone is going.
(I'm on the other side of the Divide, so it should be safe here...)

I know I know... Them fellers down at Mt U with their richter scale ... They call me all the time. "wuzzat you?"
It can mess with my buzz, I'll tell you what.

:laugh:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #197 on: March 21, 2024, 11:20:54 pm »
Yikes. By name.

In AZ, the Presidential Preference Poll is GOP only.  Closed Primary.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #198 on: March 21, 2024, 11:28:39 pm »
In AZ, the Presidential Preference Poll is GOP only.  Closed Primary.

That does not bode well.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #199 on: March 21, 2024, 11:30:26 pm »
This is AZ:

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/election/updates-2024-arizona-ppe-election-march-19-biden-trump-results-az-live

Donald Trump got 75%, Haley 22%.  25% went for "Not Trump."

@Cyber Liberty

Please explain how you can have a total of 122% in a closed primary?  For that matter, in any "closed election"?    Thank you.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald