Author Topic: PAPER URGES ARMY TO PRIORITIZE RIVER CROSSING OPERATIONS  (Read 127 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
PAPER URGES ARMY TO PRIORITIZE RIVER CROSSING OPERATIONS
« on: March 09, 2024, 01:51:09 pm »
PAPER URGES ARMY TO PRIORITIZE RIVER CROSSING OPERATIONS

Fri, 03/08/2024 - 07:08
Faced with technological advancements and a lack of practice, the Army should invest in its wet-gap crossing capabilities to prepare for future conflict, according to the author of a new paper published by the Association of the U.S. Army.

“After two decades of counter-insurgency operations in Iraq and Afghanistan, the United States faces emerging threats in Russia and China,” Maj. Aditya “Adi” Iyer writes. “The Army must be prepared for large-scale combat operations against these near-peer threats. [In particular,] the U.S. military must be prepared to conduct wet-gap crossing operations against a well-organized and technologically advanced force.”

In “Bridging Through Time: From River Crossing in World War II to Wet-Gap Crossing Today and in the Future,” Iyer, a student at the School of Advanced Military Studies and a recently graduated Art of War Scholar from the Command and General Staff College at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, recommends investing in the Army’s wet-gap crossing operations to prepare for future conflict.

https://www.ausa.org/news/paper-urges-army-prioritize-river-crossing-operations
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson