Author Topic: Trump rips potential TikTok ban after supporting one as president  (Read 1976 times)

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
https://thehill.com/policy/technology/4518822-trump-rips-potential-tiktok-ban-after-supporting-one-as-president/

Former President Trump signaled his opposition Thursday to legislation that could ban TikTok in the U.S. despite his previous support for banning the social media app.

In a post on Truth Social, the former president claimed a TikTok ban would benefit Facebook and its founder, Mark Zuckerberg, who serves as CEO of its parent company, Meta.

“If you get rid of TikTok, Facebook and Zuckerschmuck will double their business,” Trump said. “I don’t want Facebook, who cheated in the last Election, doing better. They are a true Enemy of the People!”

Facebook banned Trump in January 2021 in the wake of the Capitol riots, during which hundreds of his supporters attempted to stop the certification of the 2020 election results.

The former president spent months spreading false claims about the election on social media in the lead-up to the insurrection.

Meta reinstated Trump last year.

The legislation Trump criticized, which the House Energy and Commerce Committee unanimously advanced Thursday, would require TikTok’s China-based parent company ByteDance to divest from the app or face a U.S. ban.

When Trump was in office in 2020, he vowed to ban the video-based social media app from operating in the U.S. and issued an order calling on ByteDance to divest from TikTok’s U.S. operations. However, the order was later blocked in court.

EXCERPT
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline mountaineer

Re: Trump rips potential TikTok ban after supporting one as president
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2024, 01:15:23 pm »
He's not the only one seeming to have taken both sides of the issue:
Kamala Harris (whose campaign regularly uses TikTok): "We have concerns about the safety and national security threats that may be posed by TikTok"

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1766323721881464869
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2024, 02:17:52 pm »
Smh
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2024, 03:36:07 pm »
It’s what happens when you don’t have any guiding principles
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2024, 05:29:17 pm »
It’s what happens when you don’t have any guiding principles

@LMAO

I wonder if the MAGA world would oppose the ban now.

Offline mountaineer

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2024, 05:44:33 pm »
After one meeting with billionaire TikTok investor Jeff Yass, Trump changes his position on TikTok.  Nothing strange about that, is there?

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2024, 05:54:47 pm »
After one meeting with billionaire TikTok investor Jeff Yass, Trump changes his position on TikTok.  Nothing strange about that, is there?

Oh no.. I wonder how much Jeff gave Trump.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2024, 06:03:42 pm »

@LMAO

I wonder if the MAGA world would oppose the ban now.

@kevindavis007

They’ll do as Trump instructs them
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2024, 06:37:58 pm »

He did the same thing with Bud Light

But I’ve heard here that he can’t be bought and only cares how he’s written about in the history books :shrug:

Barry Goldwater

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2024, 09:13:06 pm »
Dueling viewpoints:
Trump rips potential TikTok ban after supporting one as president
by Julia Shapero - 03/08/24 10:42 AM ET
The Hill

Former President Trump signaled his opposition Thursday to legislation that could ban TikTok in the U.S. despite his previous support for banning the social media app.

In a post on Truth Social, the former president claimed a TikTok ban would benefit Facebook and its founder, Mark Zuckerberg, who serves as CEO of its parent company, Meta. ...

The legislation Trump criticized, which the House Energy and Commerce Committee unanimously advanced Thursday, would require TikTok’s China-based parent company ByteDance to divest from the app or face a U.S. ban.

When Trump was in office in 2020, he vowed to ban the video-based social media app from operating in the U.S. and issued an order calling on ByteDance to divest from TikTok’s U.S. operations. However, the order was later blocked in court. ...

Rand Paul
@RandPaul
If Congress bans TikTok, they will be acting just like the Chinese communists who have also banned TikTok . . . Why not just defend the first amendment?
8:34 AM · Mar 8, 2024

Dan Crenshaw
@DanCrenshawTX
Anyone defending TikTok: You’re not defending the First Amendment. Our First Amendment doesn’t apply to the CHINESE COMMUNIST PARTY. They use TikTok to collect data and can weaponize that into the greatest propaganda machine against Americans we have ever seen.
Sorry that you’re getting complaints from GenZ, but get over it, and do what’s right for the country.
Also, stop lying. The legislation doesn’t ban TikTok, it just says it can’t be controlled by our adversaries.
PUT AMERICA FIRST.
3:44 PM · Mar 9, 2024

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2024, 10:14:38 pm »
I kind of miss our Trump Kneepad Members.

Love watching them squirm trying to defend the undefensible. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2024, 10:15:53 pm »
He did the same thing with Bud Light

But I’ve heard here that he can’t be bought and only cares how he’s written about in the history books :shrug:

He's as, if not more sleazy than the rest of 'em.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2024, 11:08:42 pm »

Completely predictable.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2024, 11:52:59 pm »
Vivek: TikTok is like fentanyl and is killing young people. I’m open to a total ban.

Also Vivek: I’m now against even forcing TikTok to divest from the CCP because Trump’s donor doesn’t like it.

https://twitter.com/bonchieredstate/status/1766450732247482699
James Hohmann
@jameshohmann
Vivek’s flip-flop on TikTok makes so much more sense now that FEC filings show his super PAC got $4.9 million from Jeff Yass, a major TikTok investor.
9:37 AM · Feb 3, 2024
« Last Edit: March 09, 2024, 11:54:56 pm by mountaineer »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2024, 12:06:56 am »
I kind of miss our Trump Kneepad Members.

Love watching them squirm trying to defend the undefensible.

They’ve claimed that Trump can’t be bought or bribed when it’s clear he can

Barry Goldwater

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2024, 12:18:12 am »
They’ve claimed that Trump can’t be bought or bribed when it’s clear he can

Gonna be interesting to learn how he financed the NY bond payments.  Trump is not at the top of the list of people I would loan $500 million.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 12:20:38 am by cato potatoe »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2024, 02:18:09 am »
Gonna be interesting to learn how he financed the NY bond payments.  Trump is not at the top of the list of people I would loan $500 million.

Something tells me that Trump has been Compromised

Offline LMAO

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2024, 11:52:46 am »
Completely predictable.

Look how easily and quickly he flip-flopped not only on this but how quickly he sided with Bud Light and Disney over conservatives just because somebody was willing to give him a little bit of money.

And there are some who still can’t figure out why conservatives won’t vote for him

Barry Goldwater

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2024, 01:23:35 pm »
Thomas Massie
@RepThomasMassie
The so-called TikTok ban is a trojan horse. The President will be given the power to ban WEB SITES, not just Apps.  ...

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/status/1767525209064558954

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2024, 02:34:02 pm »
Eh, the "foreign adversary" language and definitions seem adequate protection to me, and I'm an not at all keen on letting the CCP have unfettered, scripted, and targeted access to our young people.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2024, 05:54:58 pm »
Bannon said he's bought and paid for...