Author Topic: Three dead in Texas crash of US military helicopter on border patrol  (Read 266 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Three dead in Texas crash of US military helicopter on border patrol
09 March 2024 - 10:10
BY STEVE GORMAN

A National Guard helicopter assigned to patrol duty along the US-Mexico border crashed in Texas on Friday, killing two soldiers and a US Border Patrol agent who were aboard and injuring another soldier, military officials said.

The UH-72 Lakota helicopter went down near Rio Grande City, Texas, around 2:50pm (2050 GMT) while conducting aerial “monitoring and detection” operations at the border, said US Army Major Ryan Wierzbicki.

The cause of the crash was under investigation, the Army said. Wierzbicki said he had no information about weather conditions at the time of the accident.

The names of the dead and injured were being withheld pending notification of next of kin.

https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/world/2024-03-09-three-dead-in-texas-crash-of-us-military-helicopter-on-border-patrol/#google_vignette
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson