Author Topic: Adams administration offers NYC religious groups up to $54K a month to house migrants  (Read 247 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Adams administration offers NYC religious groups up to $54K a month to house migrants
Story by Craig McCarthy, Rich Calder • 12h

More than 80 migrants discovered living in cramped NYC basement where they sleep in shifts
Mayor Eric Adams’ administration issued a plea to faith leaders this week, asking them to open their doors to some of the thousands of migrants currently in the city’s care, The Post has learned.

The administration sent out a letter to religious groups across the Big Apple asking for volunteers to provide daytime respite centers for 150 migrants, in exchange for up to $54,000 a month.

It also asked if religious centers would be willing to house 19 other migrants at night, for up to $35,500, according to the letter obtained by The Post.

The first such shelter opened in Queens this week at the Rabbinical Seminary of America Yeshiva Chofetz Chaim, which will provide beds and daily meals to 15 single adults, City Hall confirmed.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/adams-administration-offers-nyc-religious-groups-up-to-54k-a-month-to-house-migrants/ar-BB1jzSvN?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=0c1c257bbbc34eb1a50fe3bdd7afb7f4&ei=58
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
But they damn well better not say one word of religion to the illegals or they'll be in jail! :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson