Author Topic: TX AG Pax­ton Pre­vails Over Biden’s Unlaw­ful Attempt to Redi­rect Mon­ey Away from Bor­der Wall Co  (Read 1131 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/news/releases/attorney-general-ken-paxton-prevails-over-bidens-unlawful-attempt-redirect-money-away-border-wall

Attor­ney Gen­er­al Ken Pax­ton Pre­vails Over Biden’s Unlaw­ful Attempt to Redi­rect Mon­ey Away from Bor­der Wall Construction

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has secured a preliminary injunction against an attempt by the Biden Administration to illegally redirect statutorily obligated funds away from the construction of a border wall.

Under President Donald Trump’s leadership, Congress dedicated roughly $1.4 billion to the construction of walls and barriers along the southern border in order to reduce the number of illegal aliens entering the country. Immediately upon taking office, President Joseph Biden issued an executive order demanding construction stop and directing the Department of Homeland Security to devise a way to redirect the funds.

Texas sued to stop this scheme and to require the Biden Administration to follow the law and use the appropriated money for the purpose Congress directed. A federal district court agreed with Texas and has now issued a preliminary injunction to prevent the Administration’s effort to illegally defund the border wall.

“Biden acted completely improperly by refusing to spend the money that Congress appropriated for border wall construction, and even attempting to redirect those funds,” said Attorney General Paxton. “His actions demonstrate his desperation for open borders at any cost, but Texas has prevailed.”

To read the order, click here.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Attorney General Andrew Bailey
@AGAndrewBailey
·
BREAKING: In 2020, Congress passed a law ordering @POTUS
 to finish President Trump’s border wall.

We just obtained a court order blocking him from illegally using your tax dollars on pet projects while the border remains open.

Biden must use the funds to finish the border wall

Attorney General Andrew Bailey
@AGAndrewBailey
·
1h
The order can be read here: https://ago.mo.gov/wp-content/uploads/GLO-v.-Biden-Border-Wall-Order-and-Judgment.pdf

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
That would probably work with any other president, but I doubt resident Biden, will give a rats ass what some lower court rules considering he boasts about ignoring the Supreme Court. I don't want to say anything that gets me or anyone else in trouble, so I deleted everything else I wrote :whistle:

Offline roamer_1

That would probably work with any other president, but I doubt resident Biden, will give a rats ass what some lower court rules considering he boasts about ignoring the Supreme Court. I don't want to say anything that gets me or anyone else in trouble, so I deleted everything else I wrote :whistle:

NONE of em give a rat's ass. All of em been stalling ever since Duncan Hunter passed the border wall bill in 06 or 07. None of em, Dem or Pubbie. Both have had super majorities since then, both have had powerful administrations.

It's all bullshit. Sooner or later you figger out they're pullin the wool over your eyes.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Judge Blocks US Administration From Illegally Diverting Border Wall Funds
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2024, 02:21:39 pm »
Judge Blocks US Administration From Illegally Diverting Border Wall Funds
The judge found that the Biden administration cannot ignore federal law.

By Caden Pearson
3/9/2024
Updated:
3/9/2024

A federal judge on Friday blocked the Biden administration from unlawfully redirecting taxpayer funds away from the construction of a wall along the southern border.

Southern District of Texas District Court Judge Drew B. Tipton granted a preliminary injunction after Texas and Missouri sued to stop the scheme, which included diverting the money to other projects like environmental remediation.

“Whether the Executive Branch must adhere to federal laws is not, as a general matter, an area traditionally left to its discretion,” Judge Tipton wrote in his order. The executive branch includes the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

https://www.theepochtimes.com/us/judge-blocks-us-administration-from-illegally-diverting-border-wall-funds-5604088?utm_source=partner&utm_campaign=BonginoReport&src_src=partner&src_cmp=BonginoReport
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Such orders in the past have never stopped the administration from engaging in their nefarious activities. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline roamer_1

This Paxton feller is racking em up! Every time I turn around he's fixin to go another round.
I'm starting to like him.

Offline LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

This Paxton feller is racking em up! Every time I turn around he's fixin to go another round.

Conservatism is going to have to be rebuilt from the state level and this is another perfect example of that

« Last Edit: March 09, 2024, 08:23:33 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

Conservatism is going to have to be rebuilt from the state level and this is another perfect example of that

Sure enough!  :beer:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yeah, he doesn't seem to be taking time to rest on his laurels, but keeps getting back into the fight.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Maybe that's why the lawfare bastards are so desperate to get rid of him.  :whistle:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
As i recall, whatever Joes has done, however wrong, blame Trump!  Biden Stooges sing that song enough, must be quite aDDICTIVE, EH?  So here we are!

(If democrats are 100% to blame and Republicans are 15% to blame, its all Republicans fault, fools and stooges swear its so!)  and you know it.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions