Author Topic: Byron York: Why Biden shouted and screamed through his State of the Union speech  (Read 192 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Byron York: Biden ‘yelled’ through State of the Union to ‘seem younger’
By
Jenny Goldsberry
March 8, 2024 11:09 am

The Washington Examiner’s Byron York analyzed President Joe Biden’s messaging and delivery of his State of the Union address.

York appeared on America’s Newsroom on Friday to share his takeaways from the president’s most recent speech. According to York, it was clear that Biden’s mission was to “repeatedly attack this guy called the predecessor,” in reference to former President Donald Trump, and prove he “was really vigorous and had the energy to run for president and serve till he’s age 86.”

“Democrats were extremely happy. They were relieved. He stood up there and talked for 68 minutes. And he seemed to yell a lot. Personally, I thought he was yelling a lot. He thought, ‘Well, maybe if I really yell, it’ll make me seem younger,'” York said. “I don’t think it convinced anybody who’s concerned about his capacity to serve till age 86.”

York also noted Biden’s careful word choice during the speech, in particular, the words he omitted. The president avoided naming Trump or even using the word “abortion.”

“[Abortion] was apparently in his prepared text, but he didn’t say it. But he made clear that Republicans are going to restrict a woman’s right to choose, and they’re going to do it more and more and more unless you reelect me, Joe Biden, as president. So, he made that point pretty effectively for Democrats,” York said. He also pointed out that the border wasn’t mentioned until about 40 minutes into the president’s speech.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/2910572/byron-york-biden-yelled-through-state-of-the-union-seem-younger/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34