Author Topic: Targeting time shrinks from minutes to seconds in Army experiment  (Read 184 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Targeting time shrinks from minutes to seconds in Army experiment
The latest edition of Project Convergence streamlines processes and adds new tech.
SAM SKOVE | MARCH 7, 2024 11:21 AM ET
ARMY JADC2 C4ISR

CAMP PENDLETON, California—Soldiers found targets in a tiny fraction of the normal time by streamlining procedures and speeding up data processing during a recent experiment, Army officials said Tuesday.

The Army is seeing a “two orders of magnitude” increase in the speed at which data is passed to weapons crews since the first Project Convergence, said Alex Miller, a senior science and technical advisor to Army Chief of Staff Randy George. In certain cases, processes that previously took minutes took just seconds, Miller said during a media day for this year's Project Convergence, one of the service’s marquee technology-testing events.

Miller said the success was due in part to simplifying procedures.

“A lot of it was just making sure we didn’t over-classify things,” allowing soldiers to send information to foreign partners and other services without routing data through a human, he said.

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2024/03/targeting-time-shrinks-minutes-seconds-army-experiment/394758/?oref=d1-homepage-top-story
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Targeting time shrinks from minutes to seconds in Army experiment
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2024, 06:36:20 pm »
The US will have to scrap the program because it might give our military too much of an advantage over China. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson