Author Topic: Heatstroke No More? Army Develops Wearable “Heat Shield” for Troops  (Read 146 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Heatstroke No More? Army Develops Wearable “Heat Shield” for Troops
by SOFREP News Team

Our troops may soon benefit from a potentially life-saving innovation. The US Army Research Institute of Environmental Medicine (USARIEM) unveiled the Heat Injury Prevention System (HIPS) on Thursday, February 29.

Battling Heat on the Frontlines with HIPS
Heat injuries are a hidden threat on the battlefield, but the USARIEM is fighting back with a groundbreaking innovation: HIPS, a wearable device combatants can wear under their uniforms.

This next-generation technology could be the answer to the Army’s long-standing battle against heat injuries, providing its unit leaders with real-time insights into a Service Member’s heat illness risk while in the field.

HIPS is a waterproof, wireless device that straps to a soldier’s chest and monitors heart rate, skin temperature, estimated core temperature, and gait stability, offering a comprehensive picture of an individual’s heat stress.

https://sofrep.com/news/heat-injury-prevention-system/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson