Author Topic: If America is to Survive, the Sanctuary Delusion Must Go  (Read 468 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
If America is to Survive, the Sanctuary Delusion Must Go
« on: March 08, 2024, 06:24:30 pm »
If America is to Survive, the Sanctuary Delusion Must Go
Commentary
February 29, 2024

By Brian Lonergan

Over the last few decades, many Americans have had a shift in their perception of our purpose as a nation. Accustomed to our comfortable standard of living, they have taken America’s success for granted and sought to rescue the world. Now, as the current border crisis has shown, there are limits to our idealism. We are asking a question that was unthinkable not long ago: How much longer will America survive?

Today, the question of national survival is less about the national debt or the solvency of Social Security, and more about the rapid disintegration of national stability due to lax immigration enforcement and the policies of sanctuary cities. Immigration is the dominant issue of our time. Without an extreme course correction, America will be irrevocably consigned to the status of  second-tier nation, at best.

We can avoid that fate by making the right decisions. A good first step would be to leave the concept of sanctuary cities on “the ash heap of history,” to borrow Ronald Reagan’s memorable description for where another  terrible idea belonged.

https://irli.org/if-america-is-to-survive-the-sanctuary-delusion-must-go/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: If America is to Survive, the Sanctuary Delusion Must Go
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2024, 11:39:28 pm »
It is among many delusions that need to go.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis