Author Topic: China Outpacing U.S. Defense Industrial Base  (Read 146 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
China Outpacing U.S. Defense Industrial Base
« on: March 08, 2024, 06:22:07 pm »
China Outpacing U.S. Defense Industrial Base
The U.S. and Chinese Defense Industrial Bases in an Era of Great Power Competition

Report by Seth G. Jones and Alexander Palmer

Published March 6, 2024

Available Downloads
Download the Full Report
5248kb
Download the Executive Summary
5048kb
Remote Visualization

China’s defense industrial base is operating on a wartime footing, while the U.S. defense industrial base is largely operating on a peacetime footing. Overall, the U.S. defense industrial ecosystem lacks the capacity, responsiveness, flexibility, and surge capability to meet the U.S. military’s production and warfighting needs. Unless there are urgent changes, the United States risks weakening deterrence and undermining its warfighting capabilities. China is heavily investing in munitions and acquiring high-end weapons systems and equipment five to six times faster than the United States. China is also the world’s largest shipbuilder and has a shipbuilding capacity that is roughly 230 times larger than the United States. One of China’s large shipyards, such as Jiangnan Shipyard, has more capacity than all U.S. shipyards combined.

https://www.csis.org/analysis/china-outpacing-us-defense-industrial-base
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson