Author Topic: Biden on hot mic: ‘Come to Jesus meeting’ with Netanyahu on the way  (Read 634 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Biden on hot mic: ‘Come to Jesus meeting’ with Netanyahu on the way
by Ellen Mitchell - 03/08/24 12:46 PM ET

President Biden told a Democratic lawmaker and members of his Cabinet after the State of the Union address that he told Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that they will need to have a “come to Jesus meeting.”

Biden’s comments, captured on a hot mic as he spoke with Sen. Michael Bennet (D-Colo.), on the floor of the House chamber, came after Bennet congratulated the commander-in-chief on his speech and pressed him to keep pressure on Netanyahu over increasing humanitarian issues in Gaza. 

Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg were standing with Biden and Bennet during the brief exchange.

“I told him, Bibi, and don’t repeat this, but you and I are going to have a ‘come to Jesus’ meeting,” Biden said.

An aide to Biden then appeared to inform the president that his microphone was still on. 

“I’m on a hot mic here,” Biden replied. “Good. That’s good.”

Biden during his address spent more than five minutes talking about the Israel-Hamas war, the most time spent on a single topic other than when he spoke on democracy, according to a CNN breakdown of the speech.

“This war has taken a greater toll on innocent civilians than all previous wars in Gaza combined,” Biden said, adding that he has called on Israel to “do its part” and allow more aid inside the enclave via and more border openings. 

more
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4519288-biden-on-hot-mic-come-to-jesus-meeting-with-netanyahu-on-the-way/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I don't think Joe knows the meaning of that saying in the context of this meeting with Bibi..
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

LIEden keeps giving Israel orders and Israel keeps doing what it needs to do, i.e. contrary to LIEden's orders..
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mountaineer

Jesus called, Joe. He said, "I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I love how this blowhard, peacocking buffoon thinks he's some kind of authority and player on the global stage.
The Republic is lost.

Offline berdie

I don't think Joe knows the meaning of that saying in the context of this meeting with Bibi..

Nor do I. But it sure made me chuckle.

Offline mountaineer

A reporter actually asked him about the comment.

Q: “Why does Mr. Netanyahu need a ‘come to Jesus’ meeting?”
BIDEN (confused): “I didn’t say that in the speech.”
Q: “What about after?”
BIDEN: “You guys eavesdropping on things!”

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1766195426452185109
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So, Sloe Joe thinks he's Jesus, now?  That's not going to age well....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
So, Sloe Joe thinks he's Jesus, now?  That's not going to age well....

Better than that, Joe is "More popular than Jesus".
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.