Author Topic: How It Started... How It's Going: Prices of eggs, milk, steak up since Biden took office  (Read 580 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Updated March 8, 2024 8:17am EST
How It Started... How It's Going: Prices of eggs, milk, steak up since Biden took office
Inflation in US has driven up cost of common grocery items like eggs, milk, steak

By Chris Pandolfo FOXBusiness

Economic reports continue to show that inflation is coming down from the painful peaks of recent years. But the high prices many Americans still face at the grocery store remain a top concern for voters.

While government officials tout data that shows annual inflation is down to 2.4% from a 40-year high of 7% in June 2022, Americans who remember what they paid for everyday goods just three years ago aren't feeling much relief.

During his State of the Union speech on Thursday, Biden proclaimed that "wages keep going up and inflation keeps coming down."

"Inflation has dropped from 9% to 3% – the lowest in the world. And trending lower," he said.

Grocery prices surged more than 21% since the start of 2021, and while prices for some items have come down from their peak, there's little expectation prices will fall to where they used to be.

"The prices of some things will decline. Others will go up. But we don't expect to see a decline in the overall price level. That doesn't tend to happen in economies, except in very negative circumstances," Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell said during an interview with "60 Minutes" that aired in February. "If you think about the basic necessities, things like bread and milk and eggs and meats of various kinds, if you look back, prices are substantially higher than they were before the pandemic."

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/how-it-started-how-its-going-price-eggs-milk-steak-up-biden-took-office
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

As long as we continue to print money to cover deficits and finance the debt, inflation will persist

And neither candidate running has any plan, or desire, to deal with the issue of inflation
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

We're good people! Everything's back to normal! Crisis is over! Move along, nothing to see!

The Republic is lost.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

We're good people! Everything's back to normal! Crisis is over! Move along, nothing to see!
Just needs a little paint and new curtains!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis