Author Topic: Electric Grid Nearing Overload Due to “Green” Energy Push and AI  (Read 302 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Legal Insurrection by William A. Jacobson 3/7/2024

It’s one of the reasons I started prepping two years ago. We are one spark away from a breakdown, and our stupid policies of forcing people to use more electricity are a big part of the problem.

I don’t get everything right (like primaries), but I’m right about the danger from our increasing “green” reliance on the electric grid.

It’s one of the reasons I’ve been prepping:

My prepping really hasn’t been for the “worst case scenario” – it’s been for the most likely bad scenario, mostly focused on energy grids on which we depend, and food.

The surest sign that the problem is really, really bad is that even WaPo is writing about it:

Vast swaths of the United States are at risk of running short of power as electricity-hungry data centers and clean-technology factories proliferate around the country, leaving utilities and regulators grasping for credible plans to expand the nation’s creaking power grid….

The soaring demand is touching off a scramble to try to squeeze more juice out of an aging power grid while pushing commercial customers to go to extraordinary lengths to lock down energy sources, such as building their own power plants.

“When you look at the numbers, it is staggering,” said Jason Shaw, chairman of the Georgia Public Service Commission, which regulates electricity. “It makes you scratch your head and wonder how we ended up in this situation. How were the projections that far off? This has created a challenge like we have never seen before.” ….

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2024/03/electric-grid-nearing-overloaded-due-to-green-energy-push-and-ai/