Author Topic: Boston’s Wealthy Elite Outraged Over Migrant Shelter in Their Neighborhood.  (Read 181 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Boston’s Wealthy Elite Outraged Over Migrant Shelter in Their Neighborhood.
Residents of Fort Point, one of Boston’s most affluent districts, are voicing their grievances over the city’s decision to transform an office space into a shelter for illegal immigrants. At a community meeting this week, the residents expressed their disbelief and concern over the state officials’ choices regarding safety and security. The space, owned by the Unitarian Universalist Association and located at 24 Farnsworth Street, will house 80 immigrants as an overflow shelter under the Baptism of the United Way of Massachusetts Bay, the non-profit chosen for the task.“I think there’s a lot of angry residents who feel the same way I do that this was being forced on us,” said local resident Brian Curley.

Gov. Maura Healey conveyed to the Boston Herald the urgency of having the shelter operational “as soon as possible” without releasing a definitive date for the immigrants’ arrival. Healey said her government endorses the project as a step towards “safe shelter for people.” She reinforced that dialogue with the community and the city continues, notwithstanding residents’ claims about a lack of answers from Tuesday’s meeting.

https://thenationalpulse.com/2024/03/01/bostons-wealthy-elite-outraged-over-migrant-shelter-in-their-neighborhood/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson